PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Display suggestions

kaseyk85
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Looking for ideas on how to display my additional jerseys that arent in frames... any help would be great!

kaseyk85
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
oh ya they're football jerseys too. thanks everyone

harpt
12-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Gotta go with shoulder pads on a manaquin torso

kaseyk85
12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Gotta go with shoulder pads on a manaquin torso

do you know a cheap place to get sholder pads and or manaquins?

harpt
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Not sure about shoulder pads, though Play it Agian Sports is the obvious thought. I might also try a local high school as at some point equipment must get reconditioned for the final time before having to be retired.

Someone on this forum was selling torsos for awhile. For some reason I think that may have dried up now, but it is worth the search in the "For Sale" section.

Jags Fan Dan
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Guys,

I'm not sure what most of you consider to be a good deal on jersey cases, but before anybody spends money on jersey display cases, I just wanted to put forth two eBay sellers that I can say I have had pleasant transactions with who make and sell a quality jersey frame for a low price. I am NOT in any way affiliated with EITHER seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jersey-Display-Case-Shadow-Box-Frame-Showcase-Black_W0QQitemZ150315725749QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6059 4QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I got two of these with the felt, very nice. He will also combine shipping some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-shadow-jersey-slide-front_W0QQitemZ370129688545QQihZ024QQcategoryZ2726 4QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I have had numerous transactions with this guy and they were all flawless. He will NOT combine shipping, though. But both sell good cases.

Just wanted to put this info out there.

skyking26
12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
The top one looks live a Dave case in MN. Yes, he's a good guy, old school and honest.

I've been trying to buy a Timberline case. Very attractive, some forum members bought some back months ago. I have had some communication with a lady I guess that works there, and she says they are available thru paypal - but getting any info to buy one thru them is near impossible. Reportedly they have an issue with ebay so cannot sell thru there right now. As it has been like pulling teeth to get info from them, I have concluded I do not need a Timberline case that badly.

RK

Jags Fan Dan
12-19-2008, 01:11 PM
The top one looks live a Dave case in MN. Yes, he's a good guy, old school and honest.

I've been trying to buy a Timberline case. Very attractive, some forum members bought some back months ago. I have had some communication with a lady I guess that works there, and she says they are available thru paypal - but getting any info to buy one thru them is near impossible. Reportedly they have an issue with ebay so cannot sell thru there right now. As it has been like pulling teeth to get info from them, I have concluded I do not need a Timberline case that badly.

RK
Yep, Dave does nice work. I got gold felt in the black cases and put my Brunell uniform in those and it looks really sharp.

skyking26
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I have my full 73 Giants Kingman uni in his largest case with black velvet background.

gannonknight85
12-19-2008, 02:30 PM
hey skyking can you post a picture of that case?

skyking26
12-19-2008, 06:02 PM
hey skyking can you post a picture of that case?
I'll send one to your email address in a bit; I do not know how to post pics on forum yet. I need a tutorial.

Talk soon - RK (skyking)

Jags Fan Dan
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I'll send one to your email address in a bit; I do not know how to post pics on forum yet. I need a tutorial.

Talk soon - RK (skyking)
If you email me the pic, I will post it for you. danno_45255 @ yahoo.com

skyking26
12-19-2008, 07:21 PM
If you email me the pic, I will post it for you. danno_45255 @ yahoo.com
I'll send a few over now...

dcrules01
12-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow that price is cheap I;m gonna have to snag a few of them thanks for the heads up :cool:

Jags Fan Dan
12-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Here is Skyking's case:

skyking26
12-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for posting Dan! There is a bat rack just below this case that holds 12 bats.

I've done different things throughout the room. I have several "full" uniforms, the pictured being the best really.

RK

hblakewolf
12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
When building my wife's orthodontic practice, I had the cabinet maker build a custom display unit that showcases my game used equipment. It was with 2 removable felt inserts (black and white), allowing either a home white or road jersey to be shown against the contrasting color. It's made from cherry wood, and has UV glass on front, secured by hidden lock under the frame.

Both the children and parents enjoy seeing the different jerseys and related equipment that is frequently changed. The current display showcases Mike Schimidt's game worn home jersey, pre-game and hat. We also include a brief description of the player, the items shown and add a photo of the player wearing the same style jersey.

I suggest contacting a custom cabinet maker in your local area and have a case designed and built to your exact dimensions. Although it may cost a bit more, you'll have the perfect display vehicle.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

skyking26
12-20-2008, 05:02 PM
When building my wife's orthodontic practice, I had the cabinet maker build a custom display unit that showcases my game used equipment. It was with 2 removable felt inserts (black and white), allowing either a home white or road jersey to be shown against the contrasting color. It's made from cherry wood, and has UV glass on front, secured by hidden lock under the frame.

Both the children and parents enjoy seeing the different jerseys and related equipment that is frequently changed. The current display showcases Mike Schimidt's game worn home jersey, pre-game and hat. We also include a brief description of the player, the items shown and add a photo of the player wearing the same style jersey.

I suggest contacting a custom cabinet maker in your local area and have a case designed and built to your exact dimensions. Although it may cost a bit more, you'll have the perfect display vehicle.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net
Gorgeous cabinet Howard. Is that the wife and daughter pictured? Cute girl. Must take after your wife......lol

CUTiger23
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I was thinking of ways to display my jerseys. I saw the thread about the hangers and was considering that and then maybe a dry-clean bag around it to keep them from getting dusty? I have seen people with those mannequin type things where the football jersey is real tight around it which is pretty cool, but I am not sure where to find that or how much that would cost. I was also thinking about perhaps something football pads to pull them around. Can anyone give some suggestions as to how or what they did for what looks good? Pics would be preferred as a visual aid. Thanks!

xpress34
09-13-2009, 11:27 PM
I was thinking of ways to display my jerseys. I saw the thread about the hangers and was considering that and then maybe a dry-clean bag around it to keep them from getting dusty? I have seen people with those mannequin type things where the football jersey is real tight around it which is pretty cool, but I am not sure where to find that or how much that would cost. I was also thinking about perhaps something football pads to pull them around. Can anyone give some suggestions as to how or what they did for what looks good? Pics would be preferred as a visual aid. Thanks!

I'm one of the guys that uses Mannequins, but for baseball that works good as the jerseys look natural. If I did football, I would probably consider mannequins, but I would also scout my local used Sporting Goods store for used Shoulder Pads to put under the jersey to give it the right hang and such.

As far as dust and all, it depends on where you're displaying and storing them - for my jerseys on hangers, I usually use either dry-cleaner bags or 'shoulder bags' - they cover the shoulder area to keep dust and such from collecting where the jersey lays on the hanger bar. I get those at Wa-Mart or Target where they carry hangers.

All the best -

Chris

grosenbrook
09-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Here are a few pics of one of my displays for my Brian Calhoun game used uniform, just have to find a way to display my helmet with it also.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/grosenbrook/100_0473.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/grosenbrook/100_0471.jpg

TriplexXxSports
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Lighted displays using mannequins. All said and done, under $100 each.

xpress34
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
xXx -

So, did you just use simply black bookcases from like Wal-Mart or such with cheap light bars and some plexi held on by Velcro??? They look nice... I'm about to make a 'locker style' display wall in my basement with some of those cases...

Thanks!!!

- Chris

TriplexXxSports
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes sir. Although I wired actual under-cabinet puck lights (2 in each) that are hidden by a valance I made out of one of the extra shelves. I did not use a light bar.

But yes, Wally World bookcases, plexiglass w/ velcro, a little customization, and you see how they come out. Cannot go wrong for the price.

CUTiger23
09-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow. Those look great. I will have to consider something like that. I know I will be moving in the next year or so, so I might hold off on something like that since that seems like it would be a pain to move.

Anyone have more of a hanging display? Also, where do you find a mannequin to put the body on?

TriplexXxSports
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I use an eBay seller for my mannequins. I use the 3/4 Hercules style in black.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Easy-Discount-Displays_Male-Torsos_W0QQ_fsubZ731473011QQ_sidZ579902901QQ_trksi dZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Prices are fair and they offer quantity discounts as well as shipping discounts. Very nice to work with.

nomo121
10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey, I was just wonder people's thoughts on displaying jerseys. My auto'd ones I've been getting professionally sewn and framed up. I had a new BP gamer framed the same way.

But, as I get more, I'm thinking of going the shadow box, so I can switch them out more. I was wondering what people thought and what they prefer for their gamers?

nomo121
10-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the tips. Do you think it matters to have the jersey sewn vs having a frame that allows it to hang on a hanger?