PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auctions- Are you there?

Eric
05-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey everyone

I have received emails from various users to see if I have gotten a response from James at Historic Auctions.

As you recall he came on the forum to say "As with our first auction, we are dedicated to providing superior customer service and only 100% authentic items. I hope you enjoy our current auction and have a wonderful time bidding."

I sent emails with questions to James' email on 5/24, 5/25, 5/26, 5/27 and today 5/30- (the last two emails being the same yes or no question) and have only heard back on the 26th to say the questions have been received , he was researching them, and that he should have answers for me later that day (Friday)

The email I sent today 5/30 was a re-sending of the 5/27 email. I assume the auction house was closed for the long weekend. It is now the end of business on Tuesday and there is no response. I know that they are there because another forum member got two responses from them today. I will let you know when I hear anything.

To those who have been emailing me their questions about items in Historic Auctions, I again urge you to take James up on his offer and email him directly at james@historicauctions.com

If you get a response to your questions, please let us know.
Eric

Eric
05-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Just to add to this, I had also sent a message a few days ago to Historic Auctions through their "ask a question" section of their website. Since then, I can't get the Historic Auctions website to come up. I get a page with their logo reading "this is the wap page!"

Can anyone get their site to work?
Eric

BoneRubbedBat
05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Still working here as of right now.

Marcus

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Just to add to this, I had also sent a message a few days ago to Historic Auctions through their "ask a question" section of their website. Since then, I can't get the Historic Auctions website to come up. I get a page with their logo reading "this is the wap page!"

Can anyone get their site to work?
Eric

Eric,

There clearly doesn't seem to be any problems with the site, as confirmed by another member and our testing. Additionally, I've sent you 2 emails, one on Friday and one last night, stating I was researching the answers to your questions and would be emailing you shortly. Please be patient.

Thanks.

--
James

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
To those who have been emailing me their questions about items in Historic Auctions, I again urge you to take James up on his offer and email him directly at james@historicauctions.com

Also, if possible, please use the "Ask A Question" link at the bottom of every item rather than emailing me directly if you have a questions specific to an item. Your question might benefit other bidders and therefore we can post it to the bottom of the auction. By using the link, it also helps us track which questions still haven't been answered.

I'll still answer questions sent to my email address, but they will be more quickly answered via the site. Thank you for everybody's help.

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Eric, I sent you a reply. Let me know if you have any other questions.

trsent
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey James, I tried calling you yesterday and I received your voice mail which was full. Give me a call when you get a chance. I hope all is well.

mchmaj
05-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Eric, I sent you a reply. Let me know if you have any other questions.

again, its about ur USC game jerseys of leinart #11 and white #21
they are in same cut as the reggie bush #5 that u had remove from your auction. The #11 and #21 are not real, i sent u picture of reggie bush actual jersey, with different bottom cut, i think someone sent u three bad usc jerseys. Seem they are from store, and someone cut them up and send to u as game used ...

email me if u need pictures of game issued/used leinart and white jerseys

thanks
marcus

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey James, I tried calling you yesterday and I received your voice mail which was full. Give me a call when you get a chance. I hope all is well.

Joel,

Sorry about that. I've been swamped. I'll try to call you later today. Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.

--
James

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 12:32 PM
again, its about ur USC game jerseys of leinart #11 and white #21
they are in same cut as the reggie bush #5 that u had remove from your auction. The #11 and #21 are not real, i sent u picture of reggie bush actual jersey, with different bottom cut, i think someone sent u three bad usc jerseys. Seem they are from store, and someone cut them up and send to u as game used ...

email me if u need pictures of game issued/used leinart and white jerseys

thanks
marcus

Marcus, I'll take a look at the other jerseys and let you know.

Eric
05-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Eric,

There clearly doesn't seem to be any problems with the site, as confirmed by another member and our testing. Additionally, I've sent you 2 emails, one on Friday and one last night, stating I was researching the answers to your questions and would be emailing you shortly. Please be patient.

Thanks.

--
James

James-
I did not receive an email from you last night. Only the one on Friday saying you would have an answer to my questions later that day.

Also, I did pose my questions to you on your website "ask a question" option, but you did not respond.

Thank you for getting back to me today, and after my questions, it is honorable that you pulled the Hasselback jersey and the Ladainian Tomlinson throwback jersey until you are sure about their authenticity. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

To continue a conversation which has been popular on this forum, can you tell the forum members and your potential bidders what your policy about "conflict of interest" is as it relates to the blog by Daily News writer Michael O'Keefe (which can be found here http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2954 )?

As a newer auction house, how did you establish your policy? Do you agree with Dave Grob's comments? I thank you in advance for your comments and I thank you for making yourself available to answer people's questions about the items in your auction.

Eric

Do you allow it? If so, why and if not