PDA

View Full Version : Is It Or Isn't It

jetersbatboy
09-12-2009, 10:04 PM
My photo match of my Victorino jersey has bin called into question in the Sept. pick up threads. Rather the turn the pick up thread in a debate I created a new thread. I have made the photos bigger, hi-lighted more distinct marks and and add a couple new photos. Please open the PDF file and give your opinion on my match.
Thanks Scott

spartakid
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I would say so.

LastingsMilledge85
09-12-2009, 11:51 PM
It's tough because you are going by something so slight. I would think that all the pinstripes on any jersey are the same because they are mass produced. Also it looks like Victorino's left sleeve hits dirt and would probably stain. Check your jersey to see if there's any wear on it.

jetersbatboy
09-13-2009, 12:03 AM
It's tough because you are going by something so slight. I would think that all the pinstripes on any jersey are the same because they are mass produced. Also it looks like Victorino's left sleeve hits dirt and would probably stain. Check your jersey to see if there's any wear on it.

There is slight red staining on the sleeve and also on the top of the number 8. As for the pin stripping I have never seen two pin stripe jersey that where exactly the same.

LastingsMilledge85
09-13-2009, 02:08 AM
IMO, it's tough to make a case with pinstripping just because Majestic mass produces these jerseys, and apply the stitching themselves. It's nothing to freak out about some people are very particular with photomatching, have fun with it anyway. Maybe there's another picture of him from that game that can help you out a little more.

jetersbatboy
09-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Here are 5 home pin strip picture, not one is the same!

karamaxjoe
09-13-2009, 10:28 AM
I would think that all the pinstripes on any jersey are the same because they are mass produced.

It's widely accepted in this hobby that pinstipes are aligned differently on every jersey.