PDA

View Full Version : How do you Photomatch

lehmsbobby
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey guys,

Just looking at everyone's photomatching skills and was just wondering what program everyone uses to do it. Trying to find something easy and cheap/free which i can use to photmatch.

Thanks

TriplexXxSports
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
There is no 'program' for it. Its more about comparing any/all photographic documentation available against the item you are trying to match.

Comparing specific traits such as grass stains, threads, wood grains, specific marks, locations of specific characteristics, number/logo placement, font style, etc.

I guess you can say that having the 'eye' for it is the best program there is.

lehmsbobby
09-09-2009, 08:42 PM
thanks.

right, of course there is no program that shows you the matches, however, when you put the circles to match the white mark on your bat to the picture of the mark, how do you put those circles there

TriplexXxSports
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I use Microsoft Paint to do the circles and all the highlighting. One great program that is good for resizing, and various photo options is IRFANVIEW.

Its free from this site: http://www.irfanview.com/

I spend quit a bit of time photomatching my items as well as stuff for other people and those are the 2 main programs I use.

Rob L
09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I use Photoshop. Circles are easy to draw.

joelsabi
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
thanks.

right, of course there is no program that shows you the matches, however, when you put the circles to match the white mark on your bat to the picture of the mark, how do you put those circles there

YOu can make circles with PAINT.

Program>Accessories>Paint

shoremen44
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I have been doing alot of photomatching off of MLB.TV...

I too use microsoft paint...

first I put the two pictures into powerpoint in order to overlap and be able to rotate them... then I copy them into paint to add circles and make a picture