PDA

View Full Version : Mikita Sports

bagbig
09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Has anybody dealt with them? Would love to hear good/bad stories.

rjdgonebats
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Bob Mikita is a pleasure to deal with and have done so many times without any problems at all.Hope this helps

5kRunner
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I purchased a bat from Bob about 9 months ago with no problems. Questions were answered promptly. Shipping was fast. And, the bat was as described.

chuck70
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I have won several things from his E-Bay auctions and have never had any problems with him,always answered my questions,and had fast shipping!!

Chuck

chuck112770@yahoo.com

BrewCrewSackers
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
If you buy from his ebay stuff he's ok. But don't buy anything from his website! I bought a Braun GU rookie year hat from his site and he never sent it. A month later I had to file a case with paypal and he just refunded my money. My guess is that al lot of the "rookie year used" braun stuff is not in stock and he just keeps it on his page to atract customers. On another note, I have won GU batting gloves from him before. He always claims them to be used this season or Braun's rc season, but when you get them in the mail, the certificate says they were used in a different year than the auction says.

and finally.....

They just did a Braun signing last month and they sent me back my GU bat with no holograms or certificates of loa! I emailed him last month and he said he would mail me them. It's been 3 weeks and I'm not getting my hopes up. I really hope Braun signs with a more solid company when his contract is up.

On a brighter note.........I know a lot of their Braun items have passed PSA and JSA so at least the autos are pretty legit.

BrewCrewSackers
09-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Anyone else here deal with them??

mattmueller
09-14-2009, 06:31 AM
To echo previous comments, Bob is very bad in returning emails, even when the emails are inquiries to purchase items. He offered me a Braun bat, then never responded to multiple emails I sent to him to follow up. My typical experience would be to respond to an email offering an item for sale, then wait 3+ weeks for a response, followed by an excuse, followed by a even longer delay in getting an answer. I went through this for about five months on a Braun game used bat. Then one day I had another member of the forum ask my opinion on a Braun bat Mikita offered him for purchase. Turns out it was the same bat they were jerking me around with for five months. To top it off, the Braun bat did not exhibit signs of Braun having used it, in fact it showed very strong signs of other players' use.

I don't even bother looking at this website anymore because from prior history, it is impossible to know if anything they show for sale is actually in stock, and because they are so slow to respond to inquiries, it takes two weeks to figure that out.

Matt