PDA

View Full Version : OT: Eric Young Jr 1st MLB HR!!!

xpress34
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Does anyone have MLB Direct or MLB TV access to possibly get me footage of this event from tonight's Reds vs Rockies Game at Coors Field.

I was there and I retrieved the ball!!! It was also MY 1st MLB HR Ball!!!

I made no bones about exchanging it for another GU AU ball from EY Jr as he has always been great when I have met him and I will ask him for a bat later and ask for it to be inscribed about the event...

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Chris

chakes89
09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200909096542667&c_id=col

Were you the guy in the black jersey running down the hallway?

xpress34
09-09-2009, 12:30 AM
http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200909096542667&c_id=col

Were you the guy in the black jersey running down the hallway?

Chakes -

YES, that is me in one of my Holliday jerseys!!!

Unfortunately my video card isn't the best on my computer, so the video is kind of choppy for me to watch...

- Chris

halofan
09-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Congrats Man!!:D

xpress34
09-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Congrats Man!!:D

Halo -

THANKS!!!! And Thank you for the screen shots!!!

- Chris

TomTimmerman
09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Is that Frank's son pitching?:D

xpress34
09-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Is that Frank's son pitching?:D

:p That's funny!

kylehess10
09-10-2009, 07:02 AM
That's awesome!! I'm still waiting to get my first MLB HR ball. I have a little contraption that fishes out baseballs in-between the wall and the seats at Turner Field so I'm just waitin whenever I'm there for a ball to get in there! :D

Did anybody with the team say anything to you about giving the ball back when you got it?

xpress34
09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
That's awesome!! I'm still waiting to get my first MLB HR ball. I have a little contraption that fishes out baseballs in-between the wall and the seats at Turner Field so I'm just waitin whenever I'm there for a ball to get in there! :D

Did anybody with the team say anything to you about giving the ball back when you got it?

Kyle -

Actually Steve Burke (Rockies Head of Guest Services) who I know was at my seat within a minute of me retrieving the ball. I didn't actually 'catch' it, but as soon as it left the bat, I was gone from my seat... If you watch the video, you can see that I am turning into the tunnel about the time the ball came over my head...

Anyway, having met both EY and EY Jr before, I wasn't about to haggle about it. I gladly turned it over to Steve and went and met EY Jr after the game by the dugout and accepted a GU AU Ball from him in exchange.

When I catch him out back of Coors Field for Autos one day soon, I will have him sign my ticket stub and at that point I plan to request a pair of Batting Gloves and a bat (if he's willing) for me to display with the ball and ticket stub. If he is willing, I will make one final request - that he inscribe the bat making reference to me returning his 1st MLB HR ball so I will have proof from him of the moment and the BAT will serve as provenance on the ball!

I will let you all know how it turns out...

BTW Kyle - if you ahve time and with your ninja like photo skills, I would be EVER greatful if you can find ANY footage (if anyone has any - I would imagine at least one camera stayed on the stands) of me coming back from the tunnell with the ball as I held my glove up when I came out...

Thanks!!!

- Chris

xpress34
08-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Hello all...

Can anyone get me clean High Res shots of EY Jr at bat or rounding the bases from this game off MLB video???

I am getting the jersey he was wearing when he hit the homer (I can photomatch it pretty easy), byt I need close ups of his head in High Res so i can check out a helmet.

- Chris

Dach0sen0ne
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
I attempted to get a good shot of him at bat or rounding the bases, but nothing good. That has to be a pretty awesome feeling getting that ball. I can see the #5 on your jersey in this pic.

LastingsMilledge85
08-25-2010, 11:39 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/90447915.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D02DF1249AEED0584A 9F6A7D5F15962EC16C8A27984A502068

MiLe HigH
08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I am getting the jersey he was wearing when he hit the homer (I can photomatch it pretty easy), byt I need close ups of his head in High Res so i can check out a helmet.

- Chris

I saw that EY jersey and thought you'd be picking that one up...Congrats EY is coming up!

xpress34
08-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I attempted to get a good shot of him at bat or rounding the bases, but nothing good. That has to be a pretty awesome feeling getting that ball. I can see the #5 on your jersey in this pic.

Thanks man - I have those screen shots... I need HI-RES pics that I can zoom in on without them getting grainy to validate the helmet - it has some unique marks (pine tar and scratches).

Jersey came in today!!!!

Now I have an MiLB GU Bat, the AU ball he traded me, a GU/AU MiLB practice ball, my AU ticket from my seat that night, the GU helmet, the GU jersey and his original artwork for both versions of his Topps Chicle RCs!!!

Woo Hoo! Time to buy another cabinet and make a new locker display!!!

- Chris

xpress34
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/90447915.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D02DF1249AEED0584A 9F6A7D5F15962EC16C8A27984A502068

Milledge -

Same as the other photo... thank you, but I have it already... I need a hi-res that I can blow up without it pixelating so I can see the helmet detail up close...

While I have you though, I have a funny story from when Milledge was here with the Pirates... he blew us off every day - not a single sig, but he did have one of the best lines ever... on day two, he gets out of his cab and is walking into the stadium and we start asking for autos (there's maybe 5 people there for the Pirates) and he tells us, "Not today guys. My balls hurt." Kind of grabs his crotch and keeps on walking. Next day, he doesn't even acknowledge us. As he's about to go into the gate, I said,"Lastings - do your balls still hurt?" he turns around smiles and gives me a nod....

Next year (as long as his new team is an NL team) (I say new team because he seems to have a new team each year like Marlon Byrd) I am going to bring down a tub of Icy Hot and offer to him for his 'aching balls'....

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
08-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I saw that EY jersey and thought you'd be picking that one up...Congrats EY is coming up!
Just came in today!!!

Now I just need an MLB GU bat and some batting gloves!!!

- Chris

P.S. - Milledge, I forgot to thank you again for turning me onto the jersey!!!

LastingsMilledge85
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Milledge -

Same as the other photo... thank you, but I have it already... I need a hi-res that I can blow up without it pixelating so I can see the helmet detail up close...

While I have you though, I have a funny story from when Milledge was here with the Pirates... he blew us off every day - not a single sig, but he did have one of the best lines ever... on day two, he gets out of his cab and is walking into the stadium and we start asking for autos (there's maybe 5 people there for the Pirates) and he tells us, "Not today guys. My balls hurt." Kind of grabs his crotch and keeps on walking. Next day, he doesn't even acknowledge us. As he's about to go into the gate, I said,"Lastings - do your balls still hurt?" he turns around smiles and gives me a nod....

Next year (as long as his new team is an NL team) (I say new team because he seems to have a new team each year like Marlon Byrd) I am going to bring down a tub of Icy Hot and offer to him for his 'aching balls'....

All the best -

Chris

That's actually a funny story, sucks that he wouldn't sign though and as I have said before I did get him to sign my bat, but boy it wasn't easy. I just got back from Pittsburgh and didn't bring anything to sign so I had no interest, but he didn't sign prior to the game unless if you were in the dugout...He also didn' t play. And regarding to being traded, I can't wait to see where he goes next as it looks possible that he may be put of Pittsburgh after season's end.

Anyway here's a less blurry version of that photo.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/EY.jpg?t=1282868908

LastingsMilledge85
08-26-2010, 07:30 PM
And sorry for the late read, I just noticed that you have that picture already.

MiLe HigH
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Chris ....I sent you an email !