PDA

View Full Version : Just how tough is this UDA to find? AMI

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Jordan, Bird, Magic Dream Team auto 16x20. I remember when this came out in the catalog, but passed on it at the time.

How many of these exist? under 50 I would guess. I RARELY see them for sale on ebay or at shows.

Anyone remembered what the retail on this item was way back when?

Also, AMI has their description wrong I believe- if I remember correctly UDA released 3 versions of this photo, 1 signed by only bird, one signed by bird and jordan, and one signed by all three. That would make magics auto the rarest and not jordan.

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
sorry, forgot the link, here it is.

https://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=29348

trsent
05-29-2006, 04:49 PM
This item was very easy to find and it shouldn't sell for more than $1000.00 if even that.

(No, I'm not bidding on this item ;) )

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 04:56 PM
hmmm, just did a little research. It sells for a bit more than u suspect Joel.

https://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=14898

trsent
05-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Dude, did you see the smiley face with the wink?

Then again, since you offered me this piece a few months ago and told me that if I didn't take it that you would consign it to AMI, I can understand your hype on these boards over the item. Just funny how you ask a question about the item when it is your item.

Oh and yes, they messed up the description. You should call Tony Tuesday and have him correct it. Bird single signed a bunch, then Jordan and Bird dual signed a bunch and all three signed the least. No number was released of how many were autographed for UDA by all three, but it was more than 50 but possibly less than 500. I know this because when they were originally released by UDA I bought 50 of them signed by the three. (Later I bought about 200 of them signed by just Jordan and Bird which I sold to someone who had Magic sign them. I never bought any autographed by Bird only)

The reason you never see them for sale is because most are in private collections that will never hit the streets again.

No big deal, I had already bookmarked the item on the AMI web-site to bid as I told you I would.

trsent
05-29-2006, 05:15 PM
hmmm, just did a little research. It sells for a bit more than u suspect Joel.

https://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=14898

Oh and by the way, that auction was a year ago.

The market for Jordan (UDA), Bird (Schwartz) and Magic (Prince) items has all plummeted since then. :rolleyes:

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Joel, this item isnt mine. What makes you think I ever tried to sell you this or any other Jordan item?

I own one piece of Jordan memorbilia- game used shoes from 95-96- thats all.

I was asking cause I think this is an awesome item, and one that I never see. Besides, if I had it, I would hang on to it.

I seriously doubt it will go for under $1000 by the way.

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 05:19 PM
BTW, do you remember the retail on it?

trsent
05-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Ok, the consignor offered me the item on these boards a few months ago.

No big deal, I WAS JOKING ABOUT IT GOING FOR $1000.00 - See the wink?

Jesus, chill out.

I believe original UDA SRP was $800.00 with cost at $400.00, but this is a fine guess of like over ten years ago!

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
im not trying to be confrontational, but I would never promote an item of mine over the boards.

So you were buying them for 400 each at one point- WOW, NOT BAD.

I wish I had kept some of my old UDA catalogs, Id love to go back and flip through those.

mmonte4
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Joel, Ill bet even you arent able to locate the UDA item im thinking of. Its the 16x20 of Bird practicing by himself in Boston Garden. Im pretty sure its a limited edition of 250 or 500. Ive been looking for this item for years without success.

Did you ever have this item, or know of any leads to it?

trsent
05-30-2006, 08:20 AM
Joel, Ill bet even you arent able to locate the UDA item im thinking of. Its the 16x20 of Bird practicing by himself in Boston Garden. Im pretty sure its a limited edition of 250 or 500. Ive been looking for this item for years without success.

Did you ever have this item, or know of any leads to it?

Never had that one that I can recall.

Did Schwartz Sports ever have him do the same item?

Joel

mmonte4
05-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I dont believe they have, if they did i have never come across it.

Do you remember the photo Im talking about?