PDA

View Full Version : Show your celebrity balls...

murfsteve25
09-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I was looking through the "show your game used baseballs" thread and got the idea to start this one. Seems like a good topic.

I dont have a picture, but I have a ball signed by the singer Brian McKnight. I was at a team hotel in Cincinnati looking for baseball autos when I saw Brian McKnight standing by the elevator. I got out a ball and asked him to sign it. He signed right on the sweet spot!

orioles03
09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
i have a tom hanks ,when he was going to all the mlb stadiums in 06 he came to camden yards i took a bat from one of the players he signed balls for some guys on the team.
some celebs came to throw out first pitch i never got there auto dont know why martin sheen, chris rock, billy bob thorton threw out pitch he wanted to warm up in cage before hand we played catch for about 15 min he has a neast knucle ball used my glove for first pitch.
joan jett bat boy with me during a game that was an experience
never got autos don't know why

mdube16
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
This is one of my collecting focuses. Here's my current collection with my favorite being the Sinatra and the QB collection. Ill take some pics later:

Danny DeVito…..Actor

George Wendt…..Actor

Jimmy Fallon…..Actor

Kevin Costner…..Actor

Tom Cruise…..Actor

Alonzo Mourning…..Basketball

Dick Vitale…..Basketbal
l
Dominique Wilkins…..Basketball

Dwayne Wade…..Basketball

Eddie Jones…..Basketball

Kareem Abdul Jabbar…..Basketball

Kobe Bryant…..Basketball

Larry Bird…..Basketball

Shawn Marion…..Basketball

Tracy McGrady…..Basketball

Jermaine Taylor…..Boxing

George Carlin…..Comedian

Barry Sanders…..Football

Barry Switzer…..Football

Brett Favre…..Football

Charles Woodson…..Football

Charlie Frye…..Football

Cory Simon…..Football

Dan Marino…..Football

Dion Sanders…..Football

Franco Harris…..Football

Gale Sayers…..Football

Jerry Rice…..Football

Jim Kelly…..Football

John Elway…..Football

Johnny Unitas…..Football

Kieth Byers…..Football

Lawrence Taylor…..Football

Marcus Allen…..Football

Michael Irvin…..Football

Payton Manning…..Football

Reggie White…..Football

Rich Gannon…..Football

Ricky Williams…..Football

Terry Bradshaw…..Football

Troy Aikman…..Football

William "Refrigorator" Perry…..Football

Willis McGahee…..Football

94/95 Flyers team…..Hockey

Bobby Orr…..Hockey

John LeClair…..Hockey

Marty Turco…..Hockey

Pavel Bure…..Hockey

Scott Stevens…..Hockey

Vincent Lecavalier…..Hockey

Wayne Gretzky…..Hockey

Madeleine Albright …..Politician

George Bush (Sr) x 2…..President

Charlie Pride…..Singer

Darius "Hootie" Rucker…..Singer

David Cassidy…..Singer

Frank Sinatra…..Singer

Garth Brooks…..Singer

Jordan Sparks…..Singer

Ana Kournikova…..Tennis

George Will…..Writer

Oscar De La Hoya ...... Boxing

allstarsplus
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I have a Crystal ball. When Billy Crystal did the 61* movie in 2001, I got a signed baseball which I stupidly had in a room with windows. It is now a faded Billy Crystal ball.

suave1477
09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I was looking through the "show your game used baseballs" thread and got the idea to start this one. Seems like a good topic.

I dont have a picture, but I have a ball signed by the singer Brian McKnight. I was at a team hotel in Cincinnati looking for baseball autos when I saw Brian McKnight standing by the elevator. I got out a ball and asked him to sign it. He signed right on the sweet spot!

Very Cool story.

I actually used to date his first cousin and he was a nice guy. He lives in Texas. His father and Uncle live in Brooklyn.:)

B1SON
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I have a Crystal ball. When Billy Crystal did the 61* movie in 2001, I got a signed baseball which I stupidly had in a room with windows. It is now a faded Billy Crystal ball.

Shoot! If you had mentioned it, I could have gotten you a new one this summer at the Roger Maris Golf Tourney. Billy and all the actors were in attendance. We watched the movie in the historic Fargo Theatre, and then Billy, Bob Costas, Barry Pepper and the rest of the cast had a Q & A with the crowd about the filming of the movie. It was the 25th anniversary of the tourney.

allstarsplus
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Shoot! If you had mentioned it, I could have gotten you a new one this summer at the Roger Maris Golf Tourney. Billy and all the actors were in attendance. We watched the movie in the historic Fargo Theatre, and then Billy, Bob Costas, Barry Pepper and the rest of the cast had a Q & A with the crowd about the filming of the movie. It was the 25th anniversary of the tourney.

Awwww, you are killing me. Please keep me in my mind if you ever have that opportunity again next year. I also have one of the shooting scripts from the movie and my ticket from the Premiere in NYC from 2001. I had them all in a display which must have had some direct sun.

murfsteve25
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
This is one of my collecting focuses. Here's my current collection with my favorite being the Sinatra and the QB collection. Ill take some pics later:

Danny DeVito…..Actor

George Wendt…..Actor

Jimmy Fallon…..Actor

Kevin Costner…..Actor

Tom Cruise…..Actor

Alonzo Mourning…..Basketball

Dick Vitale…..Basketbal
l
Dominique Wilkins…..Basketball

Dwayne Wade…..Basketball

Eddie Jones…..Basketball

Kareem Abdul Jabbar…..Basketball

Kobe Bryant…..Basketball

Larry Bird…..Basketball

Shawn Marion…..Basketball

Tracy McGrady…..Basketball

Jermaine Taylor…..Boxing

George Carlin…..Comedian

Barry Sanders…..Football

Barry Switzer…..Football

Brett Favre…..Football

Charles Woodson…..Football

Charlie Frye…..Football

Cory Simon…..Football

Dan Marino…..Football

Dion Sanders…..Football

Franco Harris…..Football

Gale Sayers…..Football

Jerry Rice…..Football

Jim Kelly…..Football

John Elway…..Football

Johnny Unitas…..Football

Kieth Byers…..Football

Lawrence Taylor…..Football

Marcus Allen…..Football

Michael Irvin…..Football

Payton Manning…..Football

Reggie White…..Football

Rich Gannon…..Football

Ricky Williams…..Football

Terry Bradshaw…..Football

Troy Aikman…..Football

William "Refrigorator" Perry…..Football

Willis McGahee…..Football

94/95 Flyers team…..Hockey

Bobby Orr…..Hockey

John LeClair…..Hockey

Marty Turco…..Hockey

Pavel Bure…..Hockey

Scott Stevens…..Hockey

Vincent Lecavalier…..Hockey

Wayne Gretzky…..Hockey

Madeleine Albright …..Politician

George Bush (Sr) x 2…..President

Charlie Pride…..Singer

Darius "Hootie" Rucker…..Singer

David Cassidy…..Singer

Frank Sinatra…..Singer

Garth Brooks…..Singer

Jordan Sparks…..Singer

Ana Kournikova…..Tennis

George Will…..Writer

Oscar De La Hoya ...... Boxing

Thats impressive! did you get all of these in person?

allstarsplus
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM

I want Kevin Costner, Dennis Quaid The Rookie, and George W. Bush on my 2005 Nationals baseballs, and Obama on my 2009 All Star ball.

Also, would be cool for their upcoming baseball movie to get an Owen Wilson and Reese Witherspoon signed baseball.

mdube16
09-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Thats impressive! did you get all of these in person?

Unfortunatly not all of them. I do always travel with baseballs so I have gotten many that way. Upper Deck has done a few and I send in for private and public signings often. I have bought a few but only if the come with PSA or JSA paperwork or I know the source.

I see you have a UDA Jordan listed in another thread...I sent you an email on that as its one I have never gotten around to getting.

mdube16
09-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Here's a photo of the ball case. Some of the more recent ones arent in there yet (Shula, Wade, De La Hoya ect). The windows in the room are covered and the plastic is UV protected.

oakesc8855
09-07-2009, 06:02 PM

Hahaha Murph you kill me ...remember that chick in Pittsburgh that wanted to kill her husband for having that country singer sign a ball, still not as good as Brian McKnight "7" hahaha good times