PDA

View Full Version : Luc Longley 96 Finals Grey Flannel jersey - Opinion

33bird
09-04-2009, 03:31 PM
This jersey was on ebay for years and I was gonna buy it at one time. But, I did my homework, and there's no way this was ever worn in the Finals. The Bulls wore their home jerseys in games 1, 2, and 6. I got pictures from each game from Gettys. The dead give away is the where the NBA Finals Patch and the the NBA logo are placed. On Grey Flannels jersey they are both lower than the neckline of the jersey. In the pictures from Gettys they are above the neck line (placed higher). Now look at the Finals patch. On Grey Flannel's jersey it is placed to the right side of the B in Bulls. In all my pictures it is placed above the left side of the B. The 3 pictures I've included are from games 1, 2, and 6. Also interesting that the jersey is tagged 1994-95. Not saying that it couldn't have been used in the 1995-96 too, but it's another reason to be leary about this jersey. What I think it is, is a real 1994-95 Luc Longley home jersery that somebody added a Finals patch too. Or maybe it was issued to use for the Finals but never was. Check it out:

hblakewolf
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Greg
Also look at the patch position compared to the B in BULLS. All of your Getty shots show it mutch further to the left of the B. The Grey Flannel jersey has it further to the right of the B.

Did you forward your concerns to Grey Flannel?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

33bird
09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Yea Howard. I pointed that out too. No I didn't tell Grey Flannel. I just wanted anybody on here to beware of that jersey.