PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Longwell Jersey on Ebay...any Green Bay Jersey Experts?

hockeytigers
09-03-2009, 11:14 PM
This jersey has me asking a few questions and I need some help from a Green Bay jersey expert...

A size 52 jersey for a kicker is a huge jersey. I have around 35 kicker jerseys in my collection and the biggest is a 48.

There are 3 Longwell jerseys for sale on jo sports and they are all a size 46.

The last 'L' in Longwell is way off...I have never seen a letter that badly spaced on a name plate.

Can someone tell me if this is legit...my heart is telling me its a size 52 that someone had made up to be a longwell. I also did a search on the forum, and someone attempted to sell the jerrsey on here a couple years ago...

Thanks,
Chris

TriplexXxSports
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Can you post the link....

hockeytigers
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Bay-Packers-Ryan-Longwell-game-used-jersey_W0QQitemZ110430947322QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b63287fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

hockeytigers
09-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Here is a photo of him in this exact style...just can't get past the size...

TriplexXxSports
09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't know what to think. For a guy that is 6' 0" & 200lbs, a 52 doesn't seem abnormal.

My biggest concern with it is that it was a blank that was made into a Longwell, as so many of the Favre's were.

I guess the big question is 'why wouldn't this be his jersey?' What factors indicate that this is NOT a true game worn Longwell jersey?

hockeytigers
09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
That was my thought...that the jersey was a blank and Longwell was added to it...But then I think you would add another name to a blank jersey instead of Longwell...wouldn't ya??

nyjetsfan14
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I know many a football collector get caught up in: this player only wore this or that size - ever. However, I have found that is not always the case - especially for cold weather climate teams. I know, after talking with a Jets rep, that many modern players have several different size jerseys made for them throughout the season - for use in different conditions. Maybe this could be a jersey Longwell wore late in the season at Lambeau when the weather required undergarments to keep warm (you know kickers) thus a larger jersey was required to comfortably fit over whatever he might have worn underneath? Just some food for thought, happy collecting and best of luck.

Gillymo
09-07-2009, 03:12 PM
The size was what scared me away. I thought the buy it now at 399 was very resonable too for a rookie jersey & super bowl season.