PDA

View Full Version : wrestling memorabilia

quiggle28
09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
I'd like to hear your views if items used/worn during wrestling matches would qualify as being in the same categorical "game used" distinction as the other sports mentioned here or would you consider these are nothing more than props, similar to what is found in a movie set wardrobe?

godwulf
09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Good question. Somewhere in between, to my mind.

Of course, a lot of "sports" collectibles involve activities that, while they may be competitive, are not really sports in the sense that Baseball is a sport...golf and auto racing, for instance. Wrestling memorabilia is closer to being in the same category with the stuff most of the folks on this board collect than are any golf or auto racing items.

I never hear about pro wrestling "match-used" items as collectibles, but I'm sure there's an avid following for the hobby going on somewhere.

OaklandAsFan
09-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I've got a card with a piece of Brock Lesner match used shirt on it. The other thing I have is a beer can from Steve Austin from many years ago after a show in Oakland. I was asking the ring cleanup guys if I could have the chair that was used in the last match (of course bashed over another persons head) he said I couldn't have it cause he wasn't sure if I was going to hit someone with it but he gave me one of the cans that Austin had drank/poured all over himself instead.

I'm sure there is a group of people interested in this type of stuff because WWE used to auction off on their website match used chairs that were signed by the people who used it and they would go for ridiculous amounts of money.+

For the record I don't watch wrestling anymore and haven't in about 4-5 years.

godwulf
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
I haven't watched pro wrestling since the '60s...and you know it's changed a bit since then! I'm of the era of fans who remember watching Andre the Giant, Wilbur Snyder, Dick the Bruiser, Prince Pullins, Mad Dog Vichon, Blackjack Lanza...those guys. Not sure how often, if ever, memorabilia from that era surfaces, but I'm sure it fetches a lot of money when it does. I put an old wrestling program on eBay some years ago, that I'd had since about 1970, and even that went for over sixty bucks.

mbenga28
09-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm sure there is a group of people interested in this type of stuff because WWE used to auction off on their website match used chairs that were signed by the people who used it and they would go for ridiculous amounts of money.+

no kidding

http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=108139965&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=108486675

for a jersey or equipment I can understand, but this much for something you could get for about $20 at the Home Depot?

don't some wrestlers like Ultimate Warrior sell their used clothing?

geoff
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I love Wrestling and have been Watching it since I was 5 Years Old.I am 31 Now.I knew a Former Referee in The Original ECW that was in Philli in The Bingo Hall.I Bought some Items from him that were Match Worn And I bought Other Items that I Sold a few Years Back.I had Original BackStage Passes/ Posters Etc.I do still own 2 Match Worn Shirts and Match Worn Boots.The Boots were Worn by Justin Credible And The Shirts were Worn by Taz And Shane Douglas.The Shirts could be Available if someone has any interest.I also own a Signed Pair of Dan The Beast Severn UFC Worn Gloves that are Matched to a Pic.I guess I could call that a Photo Match.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

jobathenut
09-02-2009, 11:33 PM
The value comes from that it is "matched used".So yes you could buy it for $20 at home depot but it wasnt used in a match by triple h.Who is one of the big names right now.I mean the same thing could be said about a $20 bat you could buy at a sporting good store.And i am sure people that are not in the hobby would say $1,000 for a $20 bat.:)
no kidding

http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=108139965&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=108486675

for a jersey or equipment I can understand, but this much for something you could get for about $20 at the Home Depot?

don't some wrestlers like Ultimate Warrior sell their used clothing?

ndevlin
09-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Ive always been looking for Randy Poffo baseball items! So if anyone knows where I can find them, let me know. I asked his brother and he said they are long gone, so they are out there somewhere!

jobathenut
09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Man i loved justin credible,he was my favorite ecw wrestler.Do you still have any of his items.I went to a ecw match and he went into the crowd and fought in the souviner stands(him and raven).And raven broke him threw a table and i reached down and grabbed a piece of the table that broke off and i still have it.And its in a case with the ticket and and a picture i took of him bloody after it happen to him."not just the best,not just the greatest,its justin credible".:)
I love Wrestling and have been Watching it since I was 5 Years Old.I am 31 Now.I knew a Former Referee in The Original ECW that was in Philli in The Bingo Hall.I Bought some Items from him that were Match Worn And I bought Other Items that I Sold a few Years Back.I had Original BackStage Passes/ Posters Etc.I do still own 2 Match Worn Shirts and Match Worn Boots.The Boots were Worn by Justin Credible And The Shirts were Worn by Taz And Shane Douglas.The Shirts could be Available if someone has any interest.I also own a Signed Pair of Dan The Beast Severn UFC Worn Gloves that are Matched to a Pic.I guess I could call that a Photo Match.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

David
09-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Not game used, but the original art for Bronco Nagurski's 1930s Exhibit Supply wrestling card. Perhaps the Holy Grail of wrestling cards, as only one card is known to existed. I got this piece from the owner and President of Exhibit Supply Company.

http://www.cycleback.com/nagurski1.jpg

geoff
09-03-2009, 02:25 AM
I do still have The Match Worn Boots.Justin Credible was my Favorite ECW Wrestler also of all Time.I also have been to a Original ECW Event.The Matches were so Crazy all The Time with no Rules.Thats what made it Great.I was so sorry to see it go.My Favorite Promotion of all Time.If you would like to talk more about Wrestling anytime you can email me.

Thanks
Geoff