PDA

View Full Version : best way to protect a signature?

costas
09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to protect a signature on a game used item that's irregular in shape/size where there aren't conventional display cases available? thanks.

rj_lucas
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to protect a signature on a game used item that's irregular in shape/size where there aren't conventional display cases available? thanks.

If you don't have the ability to enclose the item, then your only real option is to throttle the light source i.e. use low UV bulbs like the GE Safe-T-Gard bulbs. It's the type of light source used in museums etc.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

grenda12
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Can you post a picture of what your trying to protect?

costas
09-02-2009, 07:38 AM
thank you all for the suggestions, it is for a signed chair that is made of metal (I believe aluminum). I'd like to protect the signature, signed in silver ink, from fading or possibly having any debris/dust accumulate near it. I was thinking of affixing a piece of UV plexiglass on top of the signed area, but am worried that might accidentally lift the signature off over time.