PDA

View Full Version : O.t:thome And Garland Are Dodgers!!!!!!!

dodgersfan
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM
2009 Mlb Champions!
Nice P/u's

Rudy

thomecollector
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I didn't see that coming. I guess I'll need a Dodgers jersey. Good for Thome.:D

cigarman44
08-31-2009, 11:48 PM
They are gonna need more than that to beat the Cardinals! :p

skyking26
09-01-2009, 01:42 AM
I didn't see that coming. I guess I'll need a Dodgers jersey. Good for Thome.:D
Somebody hook me up with a home Dodger Thome jersey/bat/helmet and a first baseman's glove!!!!! I'll put my order in now.

I'm as surprised as anyone. I know DH who has not played a lick of first in a LONG time, I can' figure this move, and don't see it long term, can anybody else???

Bob

frikativ54
09-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Somebody hook me up with a home Dodger Thome jersey/bat/helmet and a first baseman's glove!!!!! I'll put my order in now.

Perhaps 13alexrodriguez has a Thome 1B glove already. :rolleyes: Anything's possible. ;) :p

thomecollector
09-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Got a Sox glove already. Now I'll need the Dodgers jersey.:D

allstarsplus
09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Hey, don't forget the Dodgers got RONNIE BELLIARD too!!!

The Dodgers come to Washington on Sept 22 -24 so that will make for an even more interesting series!

skyking26
09-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Kudos to the Dodgers for making some major moves and noise...

Looks like both CHI teams are done for the year...........

mbrieve
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Kudos to the Dodgers for making some major moves and noise...

Looks like both CHI teams are done for the year...........
I can't believe the White Sox have thrown in the towel (they dealt Contreras too) when the Twins and Tigers are both such flawed teams. I thought they still had a legitimate shot of winning the division.

It's good for my Tigers, even though I think the Twins are still catching them before it is all said and done...

Bondsgloves
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Thome is going to ride the pine. He won't need a glove, he's going to be on the bench.

skyking26
09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Thome is going to ride the pine. He won't need a glove, he's going to be on the bench.
I agree 100%. After watching ESPN analsts this morning; his being their is bench strength and nothing else for post season. He will not be there beyond October. If his career goes beyond that, look for him to take a paycut for a team that needs a drawing card and a DH or he will have to retire....

RK

sox83cubs84
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I can't believe the White Sox have thrown in the towel (they dealt Contreras too) when the Twins and Tigers are both such flawed teams. I thought they still had a legitimate shot of winning the division.

It's good for my Tigers, even though I think the Twins are still catching them before it is all said and done...

This isn't the first time the White Sox have waved the white flag too early. Back around 1997, they made a late-season trade with the Giants that sent them Danny Darwin, Wilson Alvarez and others. Chairman Reinsdorf even was quoted as saying "Anyone who thinks we can catch (division leader) Cleveland is crazy!"

The White Sox were 3 games out at the time.

Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey, don't forget the Dodgers got RONNIE BELLIARD too!!!

The Dodgers come to Washington on Sept 22 -24 so that will make for an even more interesting series!

.....and the little bugger hit a home run 30 feet to the left of me in left his first Dodger at bat!!

Seems the Dodgers are stocking up the bench for the play-offs.....

.....now they have an answer to the Phillies "Matt Stairs". I just hope they give Thome some "game time" at first so he gets more than one occasional pinch-hit at bat now and then.....

suicide_squeeze
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm as surprised as anyone. I know DH who has not played a lick of first in a LONG time, I can' figure this move, and don't see it long term, can anybody else???

Bob

I totally agree Bob.

It's a "now" move to strengthen the bench, and for whatever reason, Thome went along with it, maybe because he wants to take a shot at a ring before hanging them up. Whatever the case may be, its ALL about right now....winning NOW.

One thing's for sure: He doesn't fit into the Dodgers plans next year. He will either find a contract elsewhere on another American league team, or call it a career. I can't imagine a guy who still possesses such pop to be riding the pine all year long except for a pinch hit appearance here and there. No way.

I was at the Dodgers game last night running down (and obtaining) Manny's 542nd career home run, and an inning or two later the whole stadium was buzzing about the Thome/Garland news.

It's going to be a fun September....

Just a small note to the fellow forum members....

I would like to say a special thanks to Dave Miedema. I sent him some cash awhile back and he has been attempting to obtain a Jim Thome home run ball for me at the Chicago White Sox home games, a huge missing void in my home run ball collection. Almost had one too, his last one. He got to the fan who caught it, and almost consumated the deal when along came some usher/guard personel looking for the fan.

Apparently they were sent by Thome himself, as he wanted that home run #564 for himself because it put him past Reggie Jackson on the all-time home run list. When the fan learned that Thome wanted to meet with him, that about ended my possibilities right on the spot. Thanks for trying Dave.....:(

allstarsplus
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I was at the Dodgers game last night running down (and obtaining) Manny's 542nd career home run, and an inning or two later the whole stadium was buzzing about the Thome/Garland news.

It's going to be a fun September....

Just a small note to the fellow forum members....

I would like to say a special thanks to Dave Miedema. I sent him some cash awhile back and he has been attempting to obtain a Jim Thome home run ball for me at the Chicago White Sox home games, a huge missing void in my home run ball collection. Almost had one too, his last one. He got to the fan who caught it, and almost consumated the deal when along came some usher/guard personel looking for the fan.

Apparently they were sent by Thome himself, as he wanted that home run #564 for himself because it put him past Reggie Jackson on the all-time home run list. When the fan learned that Thome wanted to meet with him, that about ended my possibilities right on the spot. Thanks for trying Dave.....:(

Am I reading that right that you got ManRam's HR ball? Now you can get Thome's!!!!

suicide_squeeze
09-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Am I reading that right that you got ManRam's HR ball? Now you can get Thome's!!!!

I have 4 now Andrew (of Manny's career homers)....#'s 520, 521 (the BIGGIE), 527 (his last of 2008) all from 2008, and now this one, 542.

I would be willing to wheel and deal any of them, with the exception of #521, to anyone who has a well documented Thome, Frank Thomas, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, or Eddie Mathews home run ball.

I have ticket stubs, pictures at the games, and letters of Affidavits signed by witnesses on all of these home run balls, FYI. It's my little way of adding, to our collecting hobby, some little nice pieces of baseball history. :)

Andrew.....I will be doing everything in my power to obtain ANY home run ball Jim Thome happens to hit at Dodger Stadium.....I only need one!!! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/63.gif

allstarsplus
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I have 4 now Andrew (of Manny's career homers)....#'s 520, 521 (the BIGGIE), 527 (his last of 2008) all from 2008, and now this one, 542.

I would be willing to wheel and deal any of them, with the exception of #521, to anyone who has a well documented Thome, Frank Thomas, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, or Eddie Mathews home run ball.

I have ticket stubs, pictures at the games, and letters of Affidavits signed by witnesses on all of these home run balls, FYI. It's my little way of adding, to our collecting hobby, some little nice pieces of baseball history. :)

Andrew.....I will be doing everything in my power to obtain ANY home run ball Jim Thome happens to hit at Dodger Stadium.....I only need one!!! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/63.gif

I thought I read your previous post correctly. That is awesome and Congrats!!!

I own 2 Home Run balls and they are big parts of my collection and lucky that 1 of them has the MLB #'d hologram.

You are smart on the documentation you get on these balls. Good luck on that Thome!