PDA

View Full Version : AMI info-help if possible..

33bird
08-28-2009, 09:43 PM
As you guys know I won our case against AMI. They owe me 22k and all my lawyers fee. But you also know we got to seize their money somehow to actually get it. Somebody sent me a copy of their AMI payment check a while ago but they no longer use that account. If somebody has been paid more recently (LOL) please email me and if my lawyer could get a copy of that I would really appreciate it. I know it's a long shot but we're doing everything we can to at least try and get some of the money they owe us. I'm sure they are experts at hiding their money but it's worth a shot. Thanks guys!

mvandor
08-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I thought thhe court could compel them to appear with such financial info?

mvandor
08-29-2009, 09:35 AM
BTW, did they contest the suit or not respond?

33bird
08-29-2009, 09:41 AM
They contested it at first but didn't show for the final judgement.

ironmanfan
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
They contested it at first but didn't show for the final judgement.

What possibly could they have contested initially?

33bird
08-29-2009, 01:21 PM
They lied about it all at first. Then when it got serious they didn't even show up. You know how they are.

whatupyos
08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope [they] go out of business....only after you get your money that is. I'm sorry you and others have had to go through such crap. I will never, ever bid in their pathetic auctions. NEVER! Bad business [content removed] in my opinion. What a joke!

encinorick
08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
You have hire a collection agency and/or do it yourself. File an "abstract of judgment" and go to the local Sheriff's department, they'll give you the right documentation and will enforce the judgment. You need a final judgment however. Again, you need the final judgment to be not only the corporate name, but in the individuals, if you want to go against their private assests.

33bird
08-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Yea, that's what we're doing.

sportscentury
08-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Greg -- Just a note to wish you continued luck with this. It is sickening. I hope it is somehow resolved to your satisfaction.

sarahsdad
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Got an email today from AMI. They are going to be in the penthouse at the Lux hotel in Beverly Hills with JSA on a buying/consigning trip. Are you kidding? Who is paying for that? All the consignors who have not been paid, that's who. They have at least one outstanding judgement against them for tens of thousands of dollars for failing to pay 33bird yet they are in the penthouse at the Lux hotel in Beverly Hills. What is wrong with this picture? Besides rubbing it in the face of the collecting world. Disgusting and pathetic.
sarahsdad

33bird
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Yep, they are still living high on the hog with lots of consignors' money. My auction ended a year ago this month. So they've had my 22k for a year now. Sick.

whatupyos
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Isn't that criminal? I mean seriously? I had my darn post edited by an admin for stating my opinion. I guess free speach only goes so far on here. So much for trying to comply with the rules. Everyone these days seems to be trying to limit free speach. What a crock. I suppose this will be edited too. But seriously. A company has someone's money. Whether its $1 or $23K, isn't that criminal to not pay what they are owed? Especially if a company is rolling out auction after auction. I mean, how does a company function in that regards? I'm trying to be vauge here. It a legit quesiton.