PDA

View Full Version : 27 years of Yankees 1st basemen....

2000mvpfan
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
....well,the big guns anyways.....
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/2000mvpfan_giambi/baals002.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/2000mvpfan_giambi/baals001.jpg

Joe

jobathenut
08-28-2009, 02:07 AM
2000mvpfan-Great looking collection.I really am jealous of it especially that giambi bat.Man,i really would love to have a giambi bat.You never did tell me where you got it.As you said you got for under $100.I saw one last night on the historic auction go for $117 but it was'nt a black bat.And i would want a bat just like yours.Well great looking bats.Now you just have to add that giambi rockies bat.:)

suave1477
08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
2000Mvpfan you know that would be a cool niche to collect all the guys who had played first base for the Yankees since you got the big guys out of the way it should be a bit cheaper to start picking up the smaller guys.

When I say the guys who played first base. I don't mean someone they stuck on first for a day or 2. But just the starting players and the back up first baseman.

Example Andy Phillips - he was Giamabi's back up

Just an idea, if you haven't thought of it already...:)

CollectGU
08-28-2009, 03:00 PM
All of the big ones really aren't out of the way. You are forgetting the greatest first baseman of all time and the second most expensive Yankee bat to purchase next to Ruth, maybe even the most expensive.....

Dave

whatupyos
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Joe-

Did you win that Giambi throwback that just ended?

Aaron

2000mvpfan
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Aaron-
Won and paid for already brother...more pics when it arrives.RBoitano's NYY home is up next...
Suave-
I have thought about it,even got a Maas to start with.If I do it,I'll probably only go back as far as Chambliss since he's the first NYY 1st baseman I was conscious of as a kid..
Joba-
Hate to say it,cause I know you've sworn off it,but the black M9 came from Ebay..
Dave-
No doubt,none of em even come close to the Iron Horse..

Whew..
Take care guys,
Joe

whatupyos
08-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Joe-

Congrats on the Giambi throwback! I forgot to check after my lunch break just to see what it went for. I was hoping you were the guy who picked it up. Last time I checked there was 2 hours left and it was at $320.00, but wasn't sure by the screen name if it was you or not. Again, awesome pick up!!

Aaron

2000mvpfan
08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey Aaron-
Do you know the date of that game?For once it should be relatively easy for me to photomatch a piece of my Giambi gear!LOL..
Did u ever get the bobblehead from last Friday's A's game?I managed to get one for $9.99 plus shipping on the Bay..

Talk to ya soon,
Joe

whatupyos
08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Joe-

July 11, 2009 at Tampa Bay. G had two AB's, a K and HBP. I did get the bobblehead. When I came back from vacation it was in my house delievered by my aunt. Its a pretty cool bobblehead if you ask me.

I still hope to find a G game used A's jersey with the OPD patch.

Aaron

2000mvpfan
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Aaron-
Thanks for the info..its good to have a starting point!I just walked in from work and lo and behold,the bobblehead has arrived!It is pretty cool,right down to the grey hair and tattoos.But they screwed up the date on the thing-the 24th was the day he hit no. 401..yet the box is correct.A's had to screw Giambi one last time I guess.

Joe

jobathenut
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
2000mvpfan-Darn it,i was afraid that you got it there.Oh well.......:(
Aaron-
Won and paid for already brother...more pics when it arrives.RBoitano's NYY home is up next...
Suave-
I have thought about it,even got a Maas to start with.If I do it,I'll probably only go back as far as Chambliss since he's the first NYY 1st baseman I was conscious of as a kid..
Joba-
Hate to say it,cause I know you've sworn off it,but the black M9 came from Ebay..
Dave-
No doubt,none of em even come close to the Iron Horse..

Whew..
Take care guys,
Joe

2000mvpfan
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Finally,a photomatched Giambi jersey for my collection!Now I can't wait for it to get here!!
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/2000mvpfan_giambi/giambiphotomatch.jpg

Life is good sometimes...

Joe