PDA

View Full Version : Any Seattle Seahawks Jersey Experts??

skinsfan0521
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
So, I just bought a couple Isaiah Kacyvenski items from ebay member cloudmaker56. The first item was a practice worn jersey and in my opinion it's legit. It's got TONS of hitmarks, repairs, etc and I've found lots of style matches and possibly even a photo match.

Buuut... I also got a jersey that's tagged 2005 and was sold to me as game used. The jersey doesn't really have a whole lot of game use on it. Just a couple faint marks. But, that's ok because Kacyvenski wasn't a full time starting linebacker and was a special teams player. So, it's entirely possible that he only wore it for a game and didn't get much contact.

Anyway, I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow evening of it to show exactly what my problem(s) are with it, but my real question is about the Seahawks inventory tag inside the collar. What do the numbers mean on there? There's also a bar code. Does this mean that I should be able to contact the Seahawks and they have more information about it in some database or something?

The writing on the inventory tag is:

"Seattle Seahawks"
BARCODE
"8504-46-D-L5-8-N"

The jersey is tagged as "05-46 L5" and has 8" extra length.

So, from that, my guess on a few of the numbers in the inventory tag are:

46 - Size
L5 - Don't know, but it matches w/the L5 on the actual collar tagging
8 - 8" extra length

So, sorry for the long post, but if anybody can help me out at all with what the meanings of this inventory barcode tag are, I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

princip
08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
That jersey taggin' sounds about right; i.e. bar code, numbers, etc.

Here's a good link to mull over some Seahawks past closed auction examples: American Memorabilia Seahawks (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions.asp?aucsearch=seahawks&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&tfm_orderby=&tfm_order=)

skinsfan0521
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. After looking at those pictures, I'm even more skeptical about this jersey, so if you have any more opinions, I'd really appreciate them. I know that you're also the owner/operator of GreenGlare (which I also looked at last night in my initial research).

So, here's some pictures of my the parts that are in question. I haven't been able to find an example of Kacyvenski wearing this jersey style (or anybody else for that matter).

The big issue is the jersey material on the side of the jersey going up past the armpit. All the other jerseys that I've seen have the spandex part on the side of the jersey end at the armpit.

I'd appreciate any other opinions!

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

skinsfan0521
08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
I guess some other reference photos would help, huh??

So, in my jersey, there is the mesh, then spandex from the side, then the darker colored spandex for the sleeve.... in these pictures (and all others i've found), it's just the mesh, then the dark colored spandex for the sleeve, w/no other spandex between them.

princip
08-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Good eye! I'm no jersey expert, yet, sometimes these jerseys are custom cut and stitched a little funky. Take for example this Walter Jones jersey (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=40906&aucsearch=seahawks&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offset=40&tfm_orderby=&tfm_order=), one of the crazier stitchings I've seen. I'm pretty sure that Kacyvenski jersey of yours is legit, simply only used for a game or two, possibly because the fit wasn't to his liking??? The ID tags are just too spot on, in my opinion. Does the general size match up to his other jerseys?

In any case, I understand your suspicions, since, I couldn't find a photo match. There's a good set, over at Getty Images (http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=seahawks%20Kacyvenski&assetType=image&src=quick).

skinsfan0521
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the last reply, I appreciate it!

I do agree that the jersey is most likely legit, I just have some concerns that I haven't seen an example of any Seahawk wearing this type of jersey design. The eBay seller is very reputable and I don't think he's ever gotten a bad rating or had people question the authenticity of an item, so that also helps too.

I pretty much assumed that I wouldn't find a true photomatch of the jersey cuz there are just very few pictures of Kacyvenski. So, I'm just looking for a style match of anybody Seahawk wearing this style. But that Walter Jones jersey that you showed me does point out that the Seahawks did have different styles of jerseys, so that does help.

Anyway, so if you happen to find any style match for any Seahawk with this jersey, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

-Brian