PDA

View Full Version : Livan a National again!

Vintagedeputy
08-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Just saw that the Nats signed Livan Hernandez. Should be a nice veteran presence to help the youngins along.

LastingsMilledge85
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
He is a useless pitcher and if he probably would not help the young pitchers out because he could careless, he showed no interest on the Mets. I can't believe the Nats would waste money on him, if he couldn't hang around on the Triple-A Mets then I have no idea what he can do for the Nats. Let Balester pitch and see what he has or any other young guys for that matter whether it's Martis and Detwiler again or Atilano and converted starter Estrada. When the season is over though they will all probably see action because they probably will shut down Stammen and you can bet that Livan will loose his spot in the rotation.

jdr3
08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I went to an afternoon game against the Mets in 2006 when Livan was pitching for the Nats. The third batter in the first inning hit a homer that hit the Washington Hall of Stars signs that divides the upper and lower lever in RFK and made a huge thud. I told my friend we'll never see a ball hit that hard in this park again. The next guy hit the same spot with the same thud. It was about a 5 run first.

dirtyla2000
08-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Just saw that the Nats signed Livan Hernandez. Should be a nice veteran presence to help the youngins along.
THE ONLY VETERAN WHO COULD HELP THAT CRAPPY TEAM IS GOD HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!

allstarsplus
08-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Jim - Livo looked good last night! Nice to see him back in Washington!