PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Memories Hologram Sticker Question

advan24r
08-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Just got in a Pujols Autoed Jersey. I am sort of skeptical just the fact that although there is a Mounted Memories Hologram sticker, it didn't come with a COA. The sticker itself does not have a serial number to even enter in the mounted memories database for verification. It's just a hologram sticker w/"Mounted Memories" on it. My question is..did MM ever do this? This is on a Pujols 2009 All Star Patch Cardinals Jersey.

TriplexXxSports
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Can you post a pic of the holo?

advan24r
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Can you post a pic of the holo?

Sorry I don't have better pics. But this is the pic from the auction. It's basically an oval shape hologram w/the Mounted Memories logo name on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160357030354

rj_lucas
08-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Mounted Memories does not number their holograms like MLB. See the picture below for comparison with yours.

MM has offered Pujols signed items in the past, but I have not seen an autographed Pujols item from MM since he signed with Upper Deck.

MM does not currently list a Pujols jersey on their site, and none of the Pujols items they have available are signed:

http://www.mountedmemories.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-_680693403_PG.html?search=pujols&searchType=3

All of the signed 2009 Pujols All Star jerseys I have seen were signed for Upper Deck and feature the Upper Deck Authenticated hologram:

http://store.upperdeck.com/Products/Upper+Deck+Default+Catalog/PID-71999.aspx

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Capital-Sports
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't touch that jersey with 10 ft pole.

First, it's one of those cheap China jerseys. Look at the lettering, it's cheap.

Second, Mounted Memories now has holograms with serial numbers, and since the jersey is a "2009 AS" jersey, it would have this hologram on it.

Guarantee the autograph is bogus to, I just cant see it from the small picture.

advan24r
08-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Not sure who to believe...the seller states "None of Mounted Memories Merchandise come with #'s even those that have COAs'. I will email you what they normally have on the COAs when they accompany the merchandise. " But on the MM site, they display a sticker example with serial numbers.

As for the quality of the jersey, the jersey isn't bad at all. It looks pretty nice. I have no complaints on the material/quality of the jersey.

advan24r
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Mounted Memories does not number their holograms like MLB. See the picture below for comparison with yours.

MM has offered Pujols signed items in the past, but I have not seen an autographed Pujols item from MM since he signed with Upper Deck.

MM does not currently list a Pujols jersey on their site, and none of the Pujols items they have available are signed:

http://www.mountedmemories.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-_680693403_PG.html?search=pujols&searchType=3

All of the signed 2009 Pujols All Star jerseys I have seen were signed for Upper Deck and feature the Upper Deck Authenticated hologram:

http://store.upperdeck.com/Products/Upper+Deck+Default+Catalog/PID-71999.aspx

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Rick,

That is the exact hologram sticker that is on the jersey. Just a COA card like that was not included.

advan24r
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Well for those that may have doubts on its authenticity..this is what MM replied back with. Not sure if you know who any of these people would be.

"He just signed it like last year. The first signing was done with kenny from esp. He had pujols exclusive. Mm did signings as well as steiner and schwartz. Look on ebay. There are all above on there. He just in last year maybe two is uda. These jerseys are old. The new patch was added. It wasn't just signed"

dcgreg25
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
advan24r, I do not pretend to be an expert here but the lettering on the Pujols jersey appears off to me. Also, I would be concerned about the issue of the numbering on the new holograms vs. this being a 2009 All Star jersey. In my mind that raises the strong potential that someone took an older Pujols jersey and added the patch.

There are enough Pujols experts on here that if you took some better picks of the signature you could probably get some pretty conclusive answers. I would also strongly reccomend that you post more pics of the jersey and tagging. From the one (very small) picture of the jersey the lettering looks suspect but it is tough to tell conclusively.

IMHO there are enough questions on the jersey that I would stay away from it. Pujols jerseys seem readily available but the UDA ones seem to be selling for $700 for a reason....certainty. If it was me, I would pay a little more to know its real and a good jersey. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

advan24r
08-24-2009, 06:47 PM
advan24r, I do not pretend to be an expert here but the lettering on the Pujols jersey appears off to me. Also, I would be concerned about the issue of the numbering on the new holograms vs. this being a 2009 All Star jersey. In my mind that raises the strong potential that someone took an older Pujols jersey and added the patch.

There are enough Pujols experts on here that if you took some better picks of the signature you could probably get some pretty conclusive answers. I would also strongly reccomend that you post more pics of the jersey and tagging. From the one (very small) picture of the jersey the lettering looks suspect but it is tough to tell conclusively.

IMHO there are enough questions on the jersey that I would stay away from it. Pujols jerseys seem readily available but the UDA ones seem to be selling for $700 for a reason....certainty. If it was me, I would pay a little more to know its real and a good jersey. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for your analysis. You are right that the patch was added later. As you can see my previous thread, MM replied back to reassure me the authenticity.

Here are more pics that I dugged up from another auction of the same jersey that I have. (PICTURE BELOW IS NOT THE ACTUAL JERSEY THAT I HAVE BUT IS IDENTICAL)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/5/8/1/8/5/webimg/289778446_tp.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/5/8/1/8/5/webimg/289778493_tp.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/5/8/1/8/5/webimg/289778544_tp.jpg

rj_lucas
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Well for those that may have doubts on its authenticity..this is what MM replied back with. Not sure if you know who any of these people would be.

"He just signed it like last year. The first signing was done with kenny from esp. He had pujols exclusive. Mm did signings as well as steiner and schwartz. Look on ebay. There are all above on there. He just in last year maybe two is uda. These jerseys are old. The new patch was added. It wasn't just signed"

Pujols contracted with Upper Deck in April, 2007. Prior to that, he did sign for Exclusive Sports and Promotions (ESP) Mounted Memories, and Steiner.

The wording of his reply is vague -- if he's suggesting the jersey was signed before April 2007, with the patch being added recently, that's plausible.

If he's suggesting the jersey was signed for Mounted Memories after April, 2007, that seems very unlikely.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

David
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
The MLB.com shop has some Mounted Memories Albert Pujols signed photos and plaques, so it appears Pujols did signing for MM at some point.

bigtruck260
08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't like un-numbered holograms. Here's why -

There was a certain 'authenticator' that (supposedly) sold stickers (and these HAD numbers) to dealers who were willing to pay for them. This meant that the dealers could basically authenticate thier items on their own...without even having to have them looked at by a non-biased third party.

I was told at one point that several compaines that did signings had unscrupulous employees that either sold or gave away holograms to more unscrupulous people.

If I am going to buy an ALBERT PUJOLS signed anything...I will pay a premium to make sure it's legit. I have tried to sell items that I've had in my collection for several years now (and some consignments) that I thought were real, but after a while, I started looking at them and decided that they were either too close to call - or not something I'd put on eBay out of embarrassment for my consignment clients.

At one point, I ran a 'test' item that I did a PSA Quick Opinion on. It failed (not the be-all-end-all test, but enough for me)...and it NEVER GOT REMOVED by eBay. It ran the duration. Thankfully, nobody actually bid on it. It's now somewhere between I-270 and I-70 in the St. Louis County dump.

Bottom line - there are too many fakes out there to take chances. Some of the stuff I mentioned was rumor or hearsay since I didn't have proof that someone was distributing holograms - but nonetheless, there is usually a shred of truth to every rumor - and that shred is what keeps me buying UD Pujols items. My two cents.

dcgreg25
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
If I am going to buy an ALBERT PUJOLS signed anything...I will pay a premium to make sure it's legit....

Bottom line - there are too many fakes out there to take chances. Some of the stuff I mentioned was rumor or hearsay since I didn't have proof that someone was distributing holograms - but nonetheless, there is usually a shred of truth to every rumor - and that shred is what keeps me buying UD Pujols items. My two cents.

I could not have said it better myself. We have all taken chances in our collection but I am always willing to pay more for certainty. The prices of these pujols items reflects that lack of certainty.

David
08-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Is is possible it was a signed number only that was later put on a jersey? I've seen authenticated signed numbers that were intended to be put on jerseys.

car87
01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Just wondering where you got that Pujols jersey? Last year I got not joking the same jersey well when I started looking into it something didnt add up so it was sent off to PSA and they said they could not authenticate it.