PDA

View Full Version : Terry Metcalf

Ozric
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone have anything of interest from Terry Metcalf. He was one of my favorite's when I was a kid. I recently happened upon a few of his old football cards while going through some old boxes of cards and would love to add some other memorabilia. A jersey or any other game worn gear would be great, but I'm sure that's going to be near impossible...

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

yosef777
08-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Tim,
Yes, I remember Terry Metcalf, great player. Unfortunately, I do not have any 'game used' pieces but I did make myself a authentic repo helmet. Terry wore a Riddell HA 9 (later the Micro fit) 'water' helmet of which I included some photos. The helmet and facemask is new/old stock (30 plus years) and in mint condition. The decals were team issued, new/old stock I received from another collector. BTW, Mitchell and Ness made a white mesh with red/cardinal numbers screened on repo about five years ago.

Ozric
08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Tim,
Yes, I remember Terry Metcalf, great player. Unfortunately, I do not have any 'game used' pieces but I did make myself a authentic repo helmet. Terry wore a Riddell HA 9 (later the Micro fit) 'water' helmet of which I included some photos. The helmet and facemask is new/old stock (30 plus years) and in mint condition. The decals were team issued, new/old stock I received from another collector. BTW, Mitchell and Ness made a white mesh with red/cardinal numbers screened on repo about five years ago.

Thanks for the pic. Very nice looking helmet. Is the helmet signed by the way...

Tim

yosef777
08-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Helmet is not signed. As much as I liked Metcalf as a player, (I know signatures often add value), I prefer my helmets unsigned, unblemished, etc. (I tried to add more pics but they are too big for the forum limits and I am technology challenged.)