PDA

View Full Version : Game Ending Triple play!

metsbats
08-23-2009, 04:50 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090823&content_id=6571854&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I love it. Good for Pedro.. Hope he's back for good and goes on to win 300.

I hope Omar Minaya was at the game today to watch the triple play too:mad:

dcrules01
08-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Nothing surprises me this season. I just watched the highlights Ollie sucked :mad:

2000mvpfan
08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
As a Phillies fan,I gotta admit I actually was starting to worry after those 2 errors and hard hit ball up the middle that Bruntlett couldn't handle-many a 9th inning has led to disaster for Lidge that way this year.
I shoulda known Los Mets would find a new and interesting way to lose.Great job,Omar...

Joe

metsbats
08-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I think if the 69 Mets that attended the 40th Anniversary on Sat took the field they would have done better than the 2009 Mets. I'm sure Seaver and Ryan would have fared better than Perez did today.

2000mvpfan
08-23-2009, 08:23 PM
David,its funny you should say that.On Fox 5 news last nite they were interviewing some of the '69 team,and Cleon Jones said he felt so invigorated being back in NY that it made him feel he could go out and play the outfield,and that the '09 Mets could probably use the help!
I had to laugh,cause even my wife just said "Ouch.." After hearing that one...

Joe

coxfan
08-24-2009, 12:04 PM
We had the added thrill that my wife has gotten autographs from both Francouer and Bruntlett in past spring trainings. It's weird how their fates were so intertwined last night. Francouer was on his way to being a hero after grabbing Bruntlett's would-be triple, and then coming to bat as the potential winning run with two runners on in the 9th. Bruntlett was on his way to being the goat after two miscues, though only one was scored an error. Then bam! and both fates were reversed in a second.

Bruntlett deserves credit for sticking with the tag on the last guy instead of tossing it to first; he sensed the difference the word " unassisted" would make. And the umpire deserves credit for keeping his concentration throughout this highly unexpected event.