PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams Texans Game-Worn/Rookie Jersey?

RKO18
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey guys,

I was taking a look at this Mario Williams jersey. It received an A5 grade by MEARS and appears to be a Rookie Premiere worn jersey.

Link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250486258395&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just wanted to get a few opinions. Was this likely to have been worn by Mario Williams and is it likely that it came from the Rookie Premiere? It appears to be a style match if nothing else. It also kind of reminds me of the autographed pro-cut/game-issued jerseys that come from NFL Auctions, only no PSA/DNA sticker.

Thoughts..

Texstros
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I believe this was a photo shoot jersey only. For one his sleeves are altered to come right below is shoulder pads tight, in the pic they go to low & the alteration is incorrect.

jhunt28
08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
I would take a look at the size of this...it's highly unlikely in my opinion that Mario wears a size 50. I have a game worn Kris Jenkins jersey, who I think is one of the bigger people in the NFL, and it's a 48. Mario is pretty slender in comparison, and these jerseys are skin tight on the players. I would guess that Mario wears a size 46, but I haven't done any research to back this claim. Just one piece of the puzzle for you to consider when asking if this is game worn, or not?

RKO18
08-23-2009, 08:21 PM
The style of the jersey matches up with what Mario wore during the Topps and Boman photo-shoots. So while the sleeves are different than what he wears during games, they look to be identical to what he wore during that photo-shoot. You can see a picture of the Topps card on the auction.

My question would be, if this wasn't worn by Williams during the photo-shoot, what kind of jersey might this be and where did it likely originate from?

Isn't it a good sign for it to have been autographed?

Texstros
08-23-2009, 09:55 PM
The style of the jersey matches up with what Mario wore during the Topps and Boman photo-shoots. So while the sleeves are different than what he wears during games, they look to be identical to what he wore during that photo-shoot. You can see a picture of the Topps card on the auction.

My question would be, if this wasn't worn by Williams during the photo-shoot, what kind of jersey might this be and where did it likely originate from?

Isn't it a good sign for it to have been autographed?

I agree it matches the photo shoot, however It was probably a standard Game cut jersey that had his name & number on it used just for the shoot. Typically the player signs it & gives to the photographer/agent working on the shoot.
I can probably get a answer to this mystery once the season gets going, Mario is tuff to get a hold of during camp/pre season.

Shawn

Texstros
08-23-2009, 10:00 PM
LOS ANGELES - MAY 20: Defensive end Mario Williams #90, the Houston Texans first round NFL draft pick (#1 overall), during a break in the action at the NFL Players Rookie Premiere Photoshoot on May 20, 2006 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Paul Spinelli/Getty Images)

RKO18
08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
I also saw pictures from that photo-shoot, where the jersey is more of the modern style. I imagine that was taken after the Topps photo-shoot, hence the reason why Mario is wearing the older style of jersey in the Topps and Boman cards.

josportsco
08-25-2009, 02:41 AM
We have the game used contract for Steve Slaton, Andre Johnson and will be getting Mario Williams. if interested email Jarrod@josportsco.com