PDA

View Full Version : He's back on ebay.....

thomecollector
05-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that our buddy Ken Golem aka thethrill23,thomefan2579,etc. is back on ebay. His new ID is brutussports. Beware!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ham1963
05-26-2006, 07:55 PM
So what did this person do:confused:

thomecollector
05-26-2006, 08:21 PM
He has a tendency to not follow through on transactions.............:(

cohibasmoker
05-27-2006, 06:37 AM
No he's not. His status has been upgraded to:

No longer a registered user.

2000mvpfan
05-27-2006, 09:59 AM
........Yeah,he's there."Brutussports2579" is his new ID.He beat me just last week when he used Buy It Now on a signed Thome bat I was selling and then changed his ID and never paid.Nice guy.Scumbag.

Joe

thomecollector
05-27-2006, 05:30 PM
What bat was that? I seen he won a bunch of crap last few weeks.........:confused:

thethrill23
05-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that our buddy Ken Golem aka thethrill23,thomefan2579,etc. is back on ebay. His new ID is brutussports. Beware!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Actually Roger I am not. But I am going to contact a attorney and file a lawsuit for slander. I do not wish to deal with you and do not use my full name i want it pulled or i will procede with the suit. in other words stay out of my **** and stop making false claims

thomecollector
05-28-2006, 05:10 AM
ken,
slander ,what ???? My @$$. I Merely Put This Up To Inform These Good People Of This Forum. I Did Not Say Anything Slanderous . Look It Up. Everything That I Posted Was True.
for The Record, Lose The 2579 . Your Birthday Is A Dead Give Away.

Eric
05-28-2006, 08:07 AM
TheThrill23 asked me to remove this thread because his name is mentioned. However after some back and forth Q and A between him and me, we determined there is nothing false in it.

I pointed out that his name is already mentioned on this site in regards to all of the negative experiences people (including Chris Cavalier) have had with his transactions.

He then asked to have his account deleted from Game Used Forum and Game Used Universe.

Eric

sportscentury
05-28-2006, 08:56 AM
for The Record, Lose The 2579 . Your Birthday Is A Dead Give Away.

For the record, this line is pretty funny.

thome25.com
05-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Ken in order for you to prove slander, there must be 2 things, proof of potential loss or untruths.. In this case there are neither. You continue to hood wink other collectors with your failure to pay. Additionally, the way in which you do it is flat out dumb.. I have never seen somebody buy something only to sell it for within weeks for less than what they paid. One heck of a business strategy. The beauty of this forum is that it protects people from dead beats like you.. Get the lawyer and file the suit. Chances are you won't pay him either so we have nothing to worry about.. Best of luck.

sportscentury
05-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Ken in order for you to prove slander, there must be 2 things, proof of potential loss or untruths.. In this case there are neither. You continue to hood wink other collectors with your failure to pay. Additionally, the way in which you do it is flat out dumb.. I have never seen somebody buy something only to sell it for within weeks for less than what they paid. One heck of a business strategy. The beauty of this forum is that it protects people from dead beats like you.. Get the lawyer and file the suit. Chances are you won't pay him either so we have nothing to worry about.. Best of luck.

Thome.25,

Not to nitpick, but in addition to other criteria, he would have to demonstrate both damages (or loss as you say) *and* that the statement(s) made is/are false. Also, the case would be one of alleged libel, not slander. But I agree with you that there would appear to be no case whatsoever here. I'm not sure I know of an attorney who would take a case this weak, except for Durham D.A. Mike Nifong, perhaps. :)

Best,
Reid

earlywynnfan
05-29-2006, 12:41 AM
For the record, this line is pretty funny.

I have to agree with Reid here. Also, I can see that many of you have had bad experiences with Ken, and I really feel that it's time I stepped up and told you I've had nothing but positives with him. We live close to each other, and I've probably bought 6-8-10 bats from him over the last few years. (I've never sold him anything, nor have I dealt with him on ebay.) The only time I ever had a problem is with an auto'd Jim Thome bat he sold me; I sent scans of it to John Taube, and he checked with the PSA gang and they told him the auto was "not like any thome auto they've ever seen." When I told Ken this, he promptly traded the bat for another one, which made me happy. (As a kicker, around a year later I saw the bat in a national auction, can't remember which one, with a PSA cert!!)

Would I trust Ken regarding memorabilia without a single doubt? No, but there are very few people I would trust blindly. But I'm always willing to deal with him, and if I ever feel uncomfortable about a proposition, I can always say no. I find it sad that he seems to have angered so many people; frankly, it makes me scratch my head in wonder. His whole situation strikes me as sad, and as Reid said above, this pi**ing match has become a daily source of amusement.

Hopefully, there are many others out there who have dealt positively with Ken, but even if I'm the only one, I think I should speak up.

Which of us hasn't run into problems in this hobby? And with supposedly respected people?

Ken

thomecollector
05-29-2006, 09:48 AM
While It May Be True That You Have Had Many Problem Free Transactions With Ken. Part Of The Reason May Be That You Live Close. The Majority Of The Folks That He's Boned ,do Not Live Within Driving Distance. So, If They Have A Problem They Can't Just Call Him Up. Or Perhaps Go Knocking On His Door. I Beleive That If He Was As Honest As You Say. Then He Would Have Done The Right Thing To All Of Those People. You're Right ,anyone Can Make A Mistake. But He Seems To Have No Problem Doing The Same Thing Over And Over. Then Tries To Hide By Changing Is Id, And Contact Info. So Please Forgive Me If We All Don't Share Your Trust.he Knows Exactly What He Is Doing.:(

sportscentury
05-29-2006, 12:35 PM
His whole situation strikes me as sad, and as Reid said above, this pi**ing match has become a daily source of amusement.

Ken S.,

Thanks for your note, but I didn't say anything of the sort. There was one post that I thought was humorous (about adding the birthdate to eBay aliases), but I don't find this kind of thing amusing at all and I don't see this as much of a pi**ing match as you say. I feel terrible when I hear that people have been in situations that, by their experiences, were harmful and even fraudulent.

I think it was good of your to stick up for your friend. I don't have anything against anyone in this thread ... I was just adding a few comments, the latter of which was intended to clarify some legal points and poke some fun at Durham D.A. Mike Nifong.

Reid

both-teams-played-hard
05-29-2006, 01:01 PM
... I was just adding a few comments, the latter of which was intended to clarify some legal points and poke some fun at Durham D.A. Mike Nifong.

Regardless of what happens in a courtroom, lacrosse field, or basketball court, for that matter....DUKE STILL SUCKS. We don't care how you do it up in Connecticut.

sportscentury
05-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Regardless of what happens in a courtroom, lacrosse field, or basketball court, for that matter....DUKE STILL SUCKS. We don't care how you do it up in Connecticut.

Warren,

You make a most astute observation. Duke is notably poor in several areas, including pervasive shortcomings in both academics and athletics. I appreciate your eloquent reminder of these dramatic inadequacies. In addition, your interpretation of the Nifong reference was nothing if not on-point.

Reid

gamebatsports
06-02-2006, 07:03 PM
actually, you'd have to sue for libel, not slander. Libel is a written defemation, slander is spoken.

worldchamps
07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Well here is his new ebay ID tyleralexbasebaseball.

However it is already been cancelled.

Chalk me up on the list of never been paid.

Bill

stkmtimo
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure I know of an attorney who would take a case this weak, except for Durham D.A. Mike Nifong, perhaps. :)

Best,
Reid

So true Reid! There's no issue here.

Tim

cjmedina1
07-31-2006, 11:37 AM
I have a question?How do you find out if a ebayer changes their name?:confused:

GrndSlm
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I totally agree with anyone posting bad experiences on this forum. This is the reason we have the site to begin with....The Forum is a collectors way of communicating the good, bad and ugly of this hobby !! Plus, I believe Eric and his crew do an excellent job of monitoring any abuse. Lets keep this going.....

sportscentury
08-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I totally agree with anyone posting bad experiences on this forum. This is the reason we have the site to begin with....The Forum is a collectors way of communicating the good, bad and ugly of this hobby !! Plus, I believe Eric and his crew do an excellent job of monitoring any abuse. Lets keep this going.....

Juan,

Well put. I agree 100%.

Reid

thomecollector
08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN. HIS NEW ID IS BOBFELLERFAN19 . UNBELEIVABLE! HOW DOES HE KEEP COMING BACK ??????:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

JETEFAN
08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
If not for this Forum, I would have never known of good, honest and helpful folks like Jim Caravello, Reid, Rob and many others whom have helped me and countless others with great items and soud guidance. It is just as important we know the flip side!! Thanks to all the good guys and shame to all others!!

George

sportscentury
08-06-2006, 10:54 AM
George,

It's nice to see your post ... and I'm glad that I have been of help. Mike Specht (a true gentleman) has once again been helping me with something, for which I'm quite grateful. I'm happy that I am able to give back to the hobby as I continue to be appreciative of the help I get from the hobby.

Reid

worldchamps
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I just reported him to ebay, not sure what that will do, but included all of his alias's (sp)

Bill

sportscentury
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Bill,

That should get him kicked off for a short while, but rest assured that he'll be back with another userid. This reminds me of a long-time eBay abuser, named Patrick Timms, out of West Colombia, SC. Patrick collected/collects Atlanta Braves game used items, Star Wars collectibles, and Pearl Jam memorabilia. If you're a longstanding Braves collector (I used to collect Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz items religiously), then you've probably been screwed over by him at one time or another. He was NOTORIOUS for winning items at high prices and then failing to pay (or even respond to sellers' emails and invoices). He had tons of eBay userids and I finally stopped tracking him (he literally wore me out) but here is an old list of userids that I believe were his: tptstarwars@aol.com, starwarslegacy@aol.com (starwarslegacy@aol.com), atlbravosone, quiltvendor, tempestarts@hotmail.com, & carole44@excite.com (carole44@excite.com). eBay kept kicking him off...and he kept hopping back on...it was truly monotonous. I'm sure some other folks can chime in here.

Best of luck with your buddy, Ken. Keep up the good fight.

Reid

earlywynnfan
08-08-2006, 02:37 AM
Best of luck with your buddy, Ken. Keep up the good fight.

Reid

Say, Reid, is this directed at me?? Am I being thin-skinned, or is this some kind of slam?

Ken

sportscentury
08-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Say, Reid, is this directed at me?? Am I being thin-skinned, or is this some kind of slam?

Ken

Ken,

The other Ken, not you. See the early post by thomecollector from 5/27 below: