PDA

View Full Version : O.T:Burress pleads guilty on felony charge/Jail time!

dodgersfan
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411373

Rudy

NYCrulesU
08-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Good to see he's getting jailtime and more than 30 days. This should send a message to ALL professional athletes to check the thug life at the door. He will probably serve 16-18 months and his career is effectively over. Justice.

TriplexXxSports
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
...... and his career is effectively over.

I wouldn't go that far. Don't get me wrong, he deserves his 2 years and more, but if Vick can get reinstated then why wouldn't Burress?

NYCrulesU
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Don't get me wrong, he deserves his 2 years and more, but if Vick can get reinstated then why wouldn't Burress?

I was speaking in terms of age. He'll be 34. And I said "effectively" not absolutely.

David
08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
His grand jury defense involved him admitting he broke the laws, so it was clear to all he was going to be convicted if it went to trial.

TriplexXxSports
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I was speaking in terms of age. He'll be 34. And I said "effectively" not absolutely.

Hmmm, that's still have the age of Brent Favray..

TriplexXxSports
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Hmmm, that's still have the age of Brent Favray..

that's still HALF the age of Brent Favray..

NYCrulesU
08-20-2009, 06:22 PM
that's still HALF the age of Brent Favray..

QB vs WR. Slight difference. Learn the game, then come talk to me.

TriplexXxSports
08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
QB vs WR. Slight difference. Learn the game, then come talk to me.

Since you never offer this forum anything but your crap attitude, why don't you enlighten me about the game, since you seem to know that I know nothing.

NYCrulesU
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Since you never offer this forum anything but your crap attitude, why don't you enlighten me about the game, since you seem to know that I know nothing.

And you offer what? Other than a direct link in your sig to your personal business site. Said link also leads to a link to your Ebay items for sale. A direct violation of forum rules.

Rule #4 - No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

TriplexXxSports
08-21-2009, 07:57 AM
And you offer what? Other than a direct link in your sig to your personal business site. Said link also leads to a link to your Ebay items for sale. A direct violation of forum rules.

Rule #4 - No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

Replies: 7
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif nfl uniform fines (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=28241)
Views: 224
Posted By NYCrulesU (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=4669)
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: nfl uniform fines (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=156293#post156293)

"Uniform Nazis are about as annoying as self appointed grammar police."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Or self appointed Policy Police......

NYCrulesU
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
There you go with the apples and oranges again. You would think a business owner would know the difference. Spelling mishaps and the deliberate attempt to circumvent forum rules for ones own benefit are two completely seperate levels of offense. Just as playing QB and WR take many different skill sets. Your attempt to lump everything together either makes you lazy, childish or just plain slow. Either way rules are rules and you certainly are not above them.

Vintagedeputy
08-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Gosh, I love when people who have been on this site for all of 10 minutes start talking junk. Really gives me a warm fuzzy inside.

If I had a computer when I was a kid, I too could have been an internet bully. Just think where I could have ended up today!

BorchertField
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Ooookay, back on track....

I'm glad to see that he'll do real time. Let that be a lesson to others.

cohibasmoker
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Ooookay, back on track....

I'm glad to see that he'll do real time. Let that be a lesson to others.

He'll get out of Jail and get a "conditional" reinstatement with the NFL. After-all, he would have done his time and deserves a 2nd chance. I'm so glad the NFL has Roger Goddell - he's really a disciplinarian.

Jim

34swtns
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Gosh, I love when people who have been on this site for all of 10 minutes start talking junk. Really gives me a warm fuzzy inside.

If I had a computer when I was a kid, I too could have been an internet bully. Just think where I could have ended up today!

Yeah, I think you need a little more time under your belt before you start bashing respected veteran members of our forum.

Especially with such a completely obnoxious username.
NYCrulessquat.

skinsfan0521
08-21-2009, 11:51 AM
He'll get out of Jail and get a "conditional" reinstatement with the NFL. After-all, he would have done his time and deserves a 2nd chance. I'm so glad the NFL has Roger Goddell - he's really a disciplinarian.

Jim
From what I heard last night, the NFL has already said that he'll be reinstated once his prison sentence is completed. I found it odd that they came out and said that already when it's 2 years away...

momen55
08-21-2009, 12:12 PM
he's going to jail; good. that's his problem. these freakin celebrities think that everything they do is a big deal, or in this case, not a big deal, and think they can buy there way out of everything. he's just another thug gangbanger doing what he does best. he's no different than anyone else. he still puts his trousers on one leg at a time.

David
08-21-2009, 01:30 PM
The below months old story shows that Burress was, at the least, immature and irresponsible and legal stupidity was always in his future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3895217

David
08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
I think what sums it up is he paid a court ordered payment of $700 (he lost the case after never showing up in court) with a bounced check! And he was a multi-millionaire!

larry bourget
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Who Cares!

i still think the biggest crime in all of sports is keeping Pete Rose out of Baseball.

LB

NYCrulesU
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
he's going to jail; good. that's his problem. these freakin celebrities think that everything they do is a big deal, or in this case, not a big deal, and think they can buy there way out of everything. he's just another thug gangbanger doing what he does best. he's no different than anyone else. he still puts his trousers on one leg at a time.

Exactly. Well said sir.

BorchertField
08-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Who Cares!

i still think the biggest crime in all of sports is keeping Pete Rose out of Baseball.

LB
I'd tend to agree - Pete should still be in the game.

If only he wasn't a complete scumbag, he'd be there today.