PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buy a personalized Bat?

jrd
08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm thinking of ordering a personalized Sam bat just for hitting in the cage and fooling around.

http://www.sambat.com/products.aspx

Anyone ever order a pro model bat and have it personalized? Can you order Louisville Slugger pro model bats with your name on them? (not the gift shop ones)

thanks

cjclong
08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Years ago I bought some bats from Louisville Slugger that were the model Don Mattingly used and they put my name on the barrel. I wrote the company and they were willing to do that for me. I don't know if they do that any more. You might go to their web site or maybe BMH can help.

chakes89
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I am going to get one from Old Hickory sometime soon

nomo121
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM
You can order personalized bats from anyone. I've ordered bats from Viper Bats, and really like them. LS bats are nice, but $ naturally. I like bamboo bats for BP as they are durable and feel just like wood. Though I have added some maples as of late, and as long as you don't catch one on the handle, are nice too.

Vipers are good, good prices too.

metsbats
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I have two personalized bats which I ordered from Xbats and Marucci. Most bat companies offer the option to add inscriptions.

I would love to know how to get a pro model Louisville or Rawlings bat with my name on it.

eisenreich8
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I ordered inscribed bats from 3 different companies when I played in a 30+ wood bat league a while back. My favorite inscribed bats were from Young Bat Co., Official Pro Model Y10; I cranked out doubles with these bats on a regular basis, they were nice and solid in graining, balance and structure and finished the best of any bat I ordered.

Talbot Turnings also offered great inscribed bats. The Chesapeake Thunder model TT-60M was my weapon of choice. Good luck!

Joeycola
08-19-2009, 05:52 PM
I purchased a personalized Diablo Bat, turned out great!

Rawlings personalized bats: http://www.rawlingsgear.com/custom-bats.asp

Louisville personalized bats: http://www.sluggergifts.com/

jrd
08-20-2009, 05:51 AM
I emailed the gift shop at Louisville and they only offer personalized bats on the generic models from the gift store. I'm guessing these are not close to being as good as their pro model or pro stock bats.

island_style
08-20-2009, 06:10 AM
I'd like to throw the Carolina Clubs hat into the ring. I've been using their bats the past several years (yes, they personalize). I don't know about anyone else's experience, but I've been pleased with the Lane family's service and quality of bats.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

momen55
08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
rawlings and LS won't make anything with a specific length and weight, unless you are a pro.
everyone else will. i ordered bats from max, marucci and hoosier. the first 2 are maple and feel great. the ball just pops off! the weight and length are right on too. the hoosier is yellow birch and it is perfect. there are knobless models.

jrd
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Nice bats momen55. If you don't mind me asking how much did each one cost?

The Sam bats are $135 CDN each.

metsbats
08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Here's are my two prod model personalized bats.

I lent the Marucci to Jorge Posada last week:D

gannonknight85
08-21-2009, 03:06 AM
I recently purchased a BWP personalized bat directly from the factory and it is sweet!! I plan on using it at batting practice at Progressive Field on the 18th of September. The price on the bat was only $65 and it is pro quality. I also got to pick any bat I wanted right from the factory shelves! Granted if you do not go to the factory u can only pick the model and the color. Very nice people....very nice bat.

momen55
08-21-2009, 12:27 PM
jrd;
thanks. the max was $89 shipped. the marucci i received free in a trade and the hoosier was $75 shipped. the marucci is the same model that ryan howard uses. that one i won't use. it looks like a piece of furniture.
the hoosier yellow birch is great. it is a joe crede model.

metsbats
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I've started buying uncracked lightly used bats of common players to get Rawlings and LV game bats to use at camps since you can't get pro model Rawlings or Lv bats. Getting personalized bats are great but can be very expensive. The pros get discounts or their bats for free and we don't.

You can find Rawlings and LV uncracked gamers of common players for 20-30 and they may be of better wood than what these bat companies provide the public in my opinion.