PDA

View Full Version : A thought just popped into my head

zookerman182
08-18-2009, 07:16 PM
There have been big debates about what characteristics need to be present on a bat to make it "game used". I normally look for seam impressions, blue ink, white scuff marks, bat rack streaks, tape, tar, numbers on knob, and the most obvious being cracked to see if a bat was game used. Alot of bats have tar, tape, numbers on knob and bat rack streaks but lack the rest. These are listed by some as game used bats and by others as game ready or issued bats. But what if, and its a big what if, the player took that bat to the plate and never made any sort of contact with the ball then ditched the bat. Either struck out swinging or looking or walked and never fouled a ball off. Wouldnt this be a game used bat? Just something to think about and also something nobody will ever be able to prove. Just maybe an explanation for the gamers out there that have all the right markings accept the traces of the baseball.

spartakid
08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
I guess that's technically true, but most people wouldn't want to buy a bat that was used for only one AB and never even touched a baseball IMHO. That's sort of a loophole with the term game-used.