PDA

View Full Version : What retirement? Favre coming back with Vikings

3arod13
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_154212", true);

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION!! - FARVE IS COMING BACK AS A VIKING!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArzQsqY.wFxfJK8ZRfM4RAM5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

You are definitely high now. The vike will be lucky, and I mean LUCKY to hit 8-8 this year. Look at the schedule -

Browns - WIN
Lions - WIN
49ers - LOSS
Gay Bay - LOSS
Rams - WIN
Ravens - LOSS
Steelers - LOSS
Gay Bay - LOSS
Detroit - WIN(?)
Seattle - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cards - LOSS
Bengals - WIN
Panthers - WIN(?)
Bears - LOSS
Giants - LOSS

Good Luck!

Buy all-in-all Good F-in' riddance to Brett Fav-re!

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm just happy Favre is back. I love his enthusiam for playing the game, he's fun to watch, he always makes it interesting.

Now I have something to be looking forward to this football season. I will watch a lot of games just to see Favre play.

kellsox
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Great move for the Vikes.....if they did it 10 years ago. When's the last time he won a big game? Whens the last time he threw less than 3 ints in a big game? Minn just set their franchise back a few years.

spartakid
08-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Vikings are definitely lucky to get him. I'm dissapointed however, with the way that Favre will be remembered. People will always remember him for this stupid game that he played, retired, playing, retired, maybe I'll come back, ok I'll come back now that camp is over. It's rediculous, how can you change your mind that many times. Ok, I get if you retire and then come back, that's reasonable. But this is over the top. Hopefully he plays until he's actually ready to be done, and is sure he's finished. That said, he is a great player, just should have been a little more sure when he makes important decisions.

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not changing any predictions.

That pre-madonna can do what ever he likes and it won't make a bit of difference in the outcome.

Maybe he can use some of the 10-12 million he's getting and pick up some good health insurance, and a couple of receivers.

He did squat with the Jets, and will do even worse in Minnesota.

.....and so are the days of our lives.

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Great move for the Vikes.....if they did it 10 years ago. When's the last time he won a big game? Whens the last time he threw less than 3 ints in a big game? Minn just set their franchise back a few years.

kellsox,

You may be surprised. Brett Favre knows the Vikings offensive system. He will fit right in without missing a beat. If they can protect him, that's another plus. AND, if he's healthy, which he wasn't the last 5-6 games of last season, who knows?

Everyone has been under the misconception that Brett ONLY wanted to play for the Vikings because he wanted to stick him to it. Not true. An added bonus for him on the side, maybe......but he is familiar with their system, so there was no "re-learning a new offense".

Well see how it plays out. Brett Farve, with his talent and experience, is still one of the top 5 QB's in the game, so he definately gives the Vikes a chance to win it all NOW.

frikativ54
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
pre-madonna

:p:D

I'm sure Madonna would be very proud of her association with that bit of Italian.

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Vikings are definitely lucky to get him. I'm dissapointed however, with the way that Favre will be remembered. People will always remember him for this stupid game that he played, retired, playing, retired, maybe I'll come back, ok I'll come back now that camp is over. It's rediculous, how can you change your mind that many times. Ok, I get if you retire and then come back, that's reasonable. But this is over the top. Hopefully he plays until he's actually ready to be done, and is sure he's finished. That said, he is a great player, just should have been a little more sure when he makes important decisions.

When you are as great as Brett Favre is, and have accomplished what he has in his sport.......he's earned the right to do that, like it or not.

If he hadn't, he wouldn't be landing a job on a team, would he?

Mauer7
08-18-2009, 04:08 PM
So Sage Rosenfels, Hows your Tuesday going? LOL:D

skyking26
08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
2 words: Who Cares...

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
:p:D

I'm sure Madonna would be very proud of her association with that bit of Italian.

I thought "pre-Madonna" was, like.......Stevie Nicks, of Fleetwood Mac? http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/26.gif

sylbry
08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't necessarily think you can predict Farve's season with the Vikings based on his previous season with the Jets. No offense to the Jets fans but the Vikings are a much better team. The Vikings biggest flaw was the lack of a good quarterback.

Keep in mind the Vikings have the best RB tandem in the NFL and a pretty good o-line. (Too early to comment on the WR's.) The defense is highly rated too.

The cards are stacked in Farve's favor. If he can't make it here then he is truly washed up.

frikativ54
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
When you are as great as Brett Favre is, and have accomplished what he has in his sport.......he's earned the right to do that, like it or not.

Like you alluded, it's a whole different game when you actually are a star. For years, Favre has been in the limelight; he's been the center of attention. It's so hard to get away from that, and Favre has had a difficult time putting football behind him. As fans, we value loyalty to one team, but many players feel differently. It's kind of like the singer who has multiple "farewell" tours.

whatupyos
08-18-2009, 04:37 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What a snore, I'm retiring, now I'm not, now I am, no I'm not. Now I am.

Well, let's give it another go. He's the Michael Jordan of football. Just pick something and stick to it already.

Aaron

Neely8
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
This guy is a joke. Two weeks ago he was staying retired. I remember even posting in another Favre thread a couple of weeks ago when he said he was staying retired, yeah he's staying retired for this week. I should have taken the under! :rolleyes:

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
This about sums it up. Here are some words from my newest hero.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgXF6gCrQ0U

3arod13
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
2 words: Who Cares...

US VIKINGS FANS BABY....US VIKING FANS!!!!

3arod13
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
This guy is a joke. Two weeks ago he was staying retired. I remember even posting in another Favre thread a couple of weeks ago when he said he was staying retired, yeah he's staying retired for this week. I should have taken the under! :rolleyes:

He is a joke with has back and forth about retirement. But the bottom line is, he is a Viking and he will make a difference! You can't argue with his talent. Yes, he is older...but he still has it.

3arod13
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
are You Ready For Some Football!!!!!

3arod13
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't necessarily think you can predict Farve's season with the Vikings based on his previous season with the Jets. No offense to the Jets fans but the Vikings are a much better team. The Vikings biggest flaw was the lack of a good quarterback.

Keep in mind the Vikings have the best RB tandem in the NFL and a pretty good o-line. (Too early to comment on the WR's.) The defense is highly rated too.

The cards are stacked in Farve's favor. If he can't make it here then he is truly washed up.

Dude, you're a Minnesota Man. Don't sugar coat it. Enjoy this! Vikes finally have a season quarterback, who will make a difference. Don't worry about these Favre haters...THIS IS A GREAT DAY IF YOU'RE A VIKING FAN!!!

And even if it doesn't work out, Favre can pass on some of his knowledge to the other QB's they have.

I'M IN HEAVEN BABY!!!!

Joeycola
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Found it to be kind of odd... I was NFL.com last night and saw a Vikings Favre jersey... was thinking that's odd. Guess not. His legacy has now turned into garbage

3arod13
08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry all. I love my Vikings. Fran Tarkenton days, we should have won at least one Super Bowl. Vikes were 15-1, before Atlantia knocked them out, which they should have went all the way that year (they were that good).

So with Favre, it's my my dream....my straw...to reach out and hope he can do it. Can he? Sure. Will He? I hope!

No more from me. I'm ready for the season opener.

Regards, Tony

frikativ54
08-18-2009, 06:07 PM
This about sums it up. Here are some words from my newest hero.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgXF6gCrQ0U

That guy should give up the smokes and get a clue. His yelling rant hardly counts for nuanced analysis. Why this young man is your new hero, I simply do not understand.

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Found it to be kind of odd... I was NFL.com last night and saw a Vikings Favre jersey... was thinking that's odd. Guess not. His legacy has now turned into garbage

Gee.....let me guess.........a Packers fan?

His "legacy" will just grow. Watch and enjoy the dominating season the Vikings have.

I played Center and defensive end in high school. I remember in 11th grade, we had one of the best quarterbacks in the State. We (my linemen teammates) were so pumped up about our upcoming senior year, we worked out hard all summer long to make sure we could protect him. He ended up being the best quarterback in the state. It was a proud moment.

I can only wonder what's going through the heads of the linemen right now on the Vikings.......are you kidding me??? Knowing they have a legitimate shot at a Ring this year???

Look out....this could be something special.

suicide_squeeze
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
That guy should give up the smokes and get a clue. His yelling rant hardly counts for nuanced analysis. Why this young man is your new hero, I simply do not understand.

Les,

That "guy" is Ashton Kucher.....the actor.....Demi Moore's husband.

He is also completely wrong in his assumptions of Favre's contractual status. Favre didn't have a locked-in signed contract with the Jets, so even if he hadn't retired, he could have chosen not to resign with them. There was no "ownership rights" to Farve past 2008 by any NFL team.

Goodell couldn't do anything, because there were no contractual lines crossed. Sorry for your bears, Ashton....but nice rant!!!

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 06:20 PM

Any Favre hating, Chicago Bears fan is a hero of mine. I wouldn't expect you to grasp that.

frikativ54
08-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Any Favre hating, Chicago Bears fan is a hero of mine. I wouldn't expect you to grasp that.

You wouldn't expect me to grasp that??? All my point was is that what he was saying amounts to ranting and little else. I don't keep track of your team affiliations...

spartakid
08-18-2009, 06:48 PM

No doubt, if he still wants to play, someone will sign him. He is certainly a star QB. My point was that he's tarnished how people will remember him by going through this saga. Definitely not implying no one would pick him up, he's too good for that to happen......

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 07:24 PM

3arod13
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Wishful thinking my friend....wishful thinking my friend!!

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Wishful thinking my friend....wishful thinking my friend!!

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah! I'm Ready For Some Football!

b.heagy
08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
here We Go Steelers Here We Go ! ! !

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
here We Go Steelers Here We Go ! ! !

I know its off the topic, but that's going to be a good game in week 2!

otismalibu
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I know its off the topic, but that's going to be a good game in week 2!

I'm hoping to be there and make it two consecutive road games/road trips :D

TriplexXxSports
08-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm hoping to be there and make it two consecutive road games/road trips :D

Look me up

Joeycola
08-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Gee.....let me guess.........a Packers fan?

His "legacy" will just grow. Watch and enjoy the dominating season the Vikings have.

Look out....this could be something special.

NO NOT A PACKERS FAN... I'm a DIE HARD COWBOY!!! Have you seen the Vikings schedule? Their hardly going to have a dominating season!

Joeycola
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
My point was that he's tarnished how people will remember him by going through this saga.

Perfect verbage!!! He has toyed with retirement for years... roll out the red carpet cuz Farve is coming to MN... complete joke!

eagraham35
08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Jets 2007 4-12 No Favre
Jets 2008 9-7 With Favre

Vikings 2008 10-6 No Favre
Vikings 2009 ?-? With Favre

Pure idiocy to say the Vikes will be WORSE with Favre this year. He is an upgrade over what is there already.

Johnny Unitas ended up in San Diego.
Joe Namath ended up in Los Angeles.
Joe Montana ended up in KC.
Emmitt Smith ended up in Arizona.
I think their legacy survived. Favre's will too.

suicide_squeeze
08-19-2009, 11:56 PM
NO NOT A PACKERS FAN... I'm a DIE HARD COWBOY!!! Have you seen the Vikings schedule? Their hardly going to have a dominating season!

You want to admit to being a COWBOY fan??

Have fun with your 6-10 season this year........pfffffffft!!

BorchertField
08-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Jets 2007 4-12 No Favre
Jets 2008 9-7 With Favre

Pure idiocy to say the Vikes will be WORSE with Favre this year. He is an upgrade over what is there already.

You're presuming that everything else that worked for Minnesota last year will work equally well this year. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But Favre doesn't really fit into the Vikings' game. I know everybody keeps repeating how well he knows the offense, how similar the scheme is to the Packers'. But they'll have to completely overhaul their gameplan for him.

The Vikings are a tough-defense, run-the-ball team. They don't need a gunslinger, they need a caretaker who can manage the offense but won't take risks and won't turn over the ball. Favre is a complete mismatch.

TriplexXxSports
08-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Comes out of retirement, skips training camp, and damn he looked sharp! Seemed like he fit right in!

NYCrulesU
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Jets 2007 4-12 No Favre
Jets 2008 9-7 With Favre

Johnny Unitas ended up in San Diego.
Joe Namath ended up in Los Angeles.
Joe Montana ended up in KC.
Emmitt Smith ended up in Arizona.
I think their legacy survived. Favre's will too.

Perfectly said. Someone that knows their football, thank you.

BorchertField
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Comes out of retirement, skips training camp, and damn he looked sharp! Seemed like he fit right in!

That's the Favre of old, all right. :D

TriplexXxSports
09-01-2009, 12:56 PM
What the hell is he thinking!!! Here take look.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324

3arod13
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_154212", true);

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION!! - FARVE IS COMING BACK AS A VIKING!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArzQsqY.wFxfJK8ZRfM4RAM5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

You are definitely high now. The vike will be lucky, and I mean LUCKY to hit 8-8 this year. Look at the schedule -

Browns - WIN
Lions - WIN
49ers - LOSS
Gay Bay - LOSS
Rams - WIN
Ravens - LOSS
Steelers - LOSS
Gay Bay - LOSS
Detroit - WIN(?)
Seattle - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cards - LOSS
Bengals - WIN
Panthers - WIN(?)
Bears - LOSS
Giants - LOSS

Good Luck!

Buy all-in-all Good F-in' riddance to Brett Fav-re!

TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994)

You were almost 3 for 3. Not too bad so far.

Browns - WIN
Lions - WIN
49ers - LOSS (WIN)

TriplexXxSports
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
And he got lucky, and I mean LUCKY on that 3rd game.

3arod13
10-06-2009, 06:45 AM
TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994)

You were almost 3 for 3. Not too bad so far.

Browns - WIN
Lions - WIN
49ers - LOSS (WIN)

Browns - WIN
Lions - WIN
49ers - LOSS (WIN)
Pakcers - LOSS (WIN)

Enough said!!!