PDA

View Full Version : Top 5/10 Hobby Good Guys

skyking26
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Here's a thread that should garner some great attention. We all here negativism; let's list your top 5 or 10 hobby good guys. You know, the guys that really stick out in your mind as positive influences to YOU and the hobby....

RK

Larry Pelliccioni
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
1. Murf Denny
2. Barry Meisel
3. Hartels
4. Milt Byron
5. Andrew Lang
6. Chris Cavalier
7. Spivack & Kraut
8. Eddie Olson
9. Joe Tomon
10. Linda Pelliccioni

gingi79
08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Since they are supposed to be the best to me, here's my list:

1) Jerseys2003 (his eBay name)
2) Barry Meisel
3) Larry Pelliccioni
4) aeneas01
5) Kyle Hess

shoremen44
08-18-2009, 01:19 PM
1. Brain Hillerich
2. Jeff Scott
3. Tim Byington
4. Chris Cavalier
5. Rob Steinmetz
6. Andrew Lang

and like 50 other guys

ndevlin
08-18-2009, 04:49 PM
No particular order....

1. Tim Byington
2. Mike Specht
3. Dave Bushing

All of the above have been very helpful for me in the last few years. Tim and Mike have always been great answering emails. I cant even count how many times I asked Mike for a players records, or Tim his thoughts on my next purchase. I also have respect for Mr. Bushing. They all do a lot behind closed doors that a lot dont see. But I sure appreciate it!

ndevlin
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
No particular order....

1. Tim Byington
2. Mike Specht
3. Dave Bushing

All of the above have been very helpful for me in the last few years. Tim and Mike have always been great answering emails. I cant even count how many times I asked Mike for a players records, or Tim his thoughts on my next purchase. I also have respect for Mr. Bushing. They all do a lot behind closed doors that a lot dont see. But I sure appreciate it!

Id also like to add that Jeff Scott has been a pleasure as well.

jobathenut
08-19-2009, 01:52 AM
I would have to say my number #1 good guy i have came across in the game used buisness is milt bryon.He is the best guy that anyone could ever meet and do biusness with.I can not say enough good things about the guy.I am not really into game used items as much as i am into autographed items.And i would have to say that hot corner sports were the best for me saying i am a steelers fan.And as far as this board goes,i have had the pleasure of dealing with what i think are two of the best-jason edelman and bob koppel.They are two of the nicest people i've ever had contact with on here.And another nice guy is the owner of bbdiamonds are forever.:)

gatorcollector
08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
All mentioned so far are assets to the hobby. I would like to add Mark Hayne (Gridiron Exchange) and Jim Yackel (Jim's Jerseys) to the list. I have purchased from both and have learned a lot in the process.

sportscentury
08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
My list of hobby good guys is pretty long ... yes, there are some bad eggs, for sure, but there are many great people in this hobby. A few greats that pop to mind are, alphabetically, Brian Bayne, Chris Cavalier, Denny Esken, Mike/FraudFinder!, Barry Meisel (and others at MeiGray), Eric Stangel, Warren/BTPH, Howard Wolf, and many more. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for having momentarily forgotten key people as soon as I post this.

Jake51
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi,

- Pat Scoggin
- Chris Cavalier
- Robert [Aeneas01]
- Curtis [Helmet Hut]

All are great resources, and I feel more importantly, they are also great people.

Thanks,

Tom

bigtruck260
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
These are my personal top 5, meaning I have dealt with them directly...

1. Jeff Scott (Birdbats)
2. Tim Byington (HOF Bats)
3. Art Jaffe (Left Field Collectibles)
4. JT Sports (John Taube)
5. Robert (Aneas01) - Never in my life will I buy a football lid - but the posts are always a good read, and are the epitome of what an educational post/thread should be.

I have MANY friends here with great experiences: Joe, Jolan, Don, Donny, Abe, Bill R., Kevin, Jason - are just a few.

woodbat
08-19-2009, 12:38 PM
In a random order..

Jeff Scott---Kim Stigall---Tim Byington---Kip Ingle---Bill Stone---Bill Corcoran---Barry Krizan

Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net