PDA

View Full Version : Non-Star NFL Players jerseys

saftey45
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Don't know if anyone has asked this but, what happens to all the non-star or 2nd stringers game worn jerseys? The no-names that should be cheap jerseys to pick up.??? Especially NFL jerseys. mike saftey45@yahoo.com

jppopma
08-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Most of the times they become available just like the big name players. Big time dealers will buy the full lot of everything and then break them down to sell individually. Times used to be that these delaers would actually take a loss to move the low low end players just to move them, and them make the money up on the stars.

I'm not sure how cheap you expect to pick any of these up. There are alot of collectors that grab these up for a variety of reasons; team fans, college/hometown fans, style collectors, patch collectors, or just other guys who can't afford the stars.

Hope the answer explains some of it and good luck trying to find something. Just beware that they do make pro-cut (high end replica) jerseys of the lower end players sometimes too.

lisicki
08-18-2009, 09:23 AM
To add...these jerseys are usually recycled by the teams...the equipment staffs remove the nameplates of the player's names and then put them in inventory to re-issue at a later time to another player...they also can completely strip the jersey and re number it if the jersey is still in good shape.

saintsfan
08-25-2009, 05:45 AM
I have several non star jerseys, and the good thing is you know they are legit.

I know the Saints recycle a lot. In 2008 they still had stars wearing 2003 tagged unis.

Tom