PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase an NFL nameplate

jhunt28
08-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I apologize if this is the incorrect forum, but I was wondering if anyone has purchased a nameplate to attach to a retail NFL jersey? With players coming and going, and changing numbers, I was looking to upgrade a few nameplates rather than buy a whole new jersey? If anyone had a good website to buy just a nameplate, it would be greatly appreciated.

otismalibu
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
What color do you need?

I've got some black material I use for Steelers home jerseys. It's pretty close...does the job.

jhunt28
08-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately I was looking for one to go over a Jets jersey, and one to go over a Jets Titans throwback. I have two #87 Coles jerseys that I used to wear to games, figured I'd turn them into Clowney jerseys. I would think there would be a market for nameplates?? But then again, I'm sure some would abuse this, and try to make some common gamer into a star...

tcfor3
08-18-2009, 12:50 AM
You can check with your local high school to see who does the lettering for their varsity letter jackets.

Typically there is one company locally that does the sewing for any and or all schools within your area.

They usually have the nameplate material and most can either sew or heat transfer the letters onto the nameplate for you.

jhunt28
08-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks...I actually called Gerry Cobsy's in NYC, and they will do it. A bit pricey if the last name is Houshmandzadeh!!...$10 for the plate, and $3 per letter. So if anyone in the NYC area needs it done, you can do it there, FYI.

mistercircle
08-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Hi jhunt28,
are you still interested in buying gameworn jets jerseys.
I won the auction of the 2007 gameworn jersey of Brad Smith on nfl auction last year.
i saw you bid on the 2008 one.
please contact me :
mistercircle@gmx.de

sorry for my bad english, come from Germany

TOYOTATruck07
08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Koch Sporting Goods does an excellent job. I can't remember their exact website, but I found it through google.

lisicki
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Just as an FYI...I have reached out to Koch...they cannot supply nameplates...if they do a jersey for you, you either must supply the nameplate or they will just apply the name directly to the jersey...

dcrules01
08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
EPS used to do it for another message board I belong to.But the NFL stepped in and they are no longer able to because of there contract with the NFL.If you find someone I would not advertise it they might get into trouble.Just giving a heads up..