PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts Regarding a Chris Perry Cincinnati Bengals Rookie Premiere Worn Jersey (Mears 9.5)

RKO18
08-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Hey guys,

I was checking out this Chris Perry Rookie Premiere Worn Jersey. It comes with a letter from Mears and has earned a 9.5 grade.

Link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290336726592&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was just wanting to get some other opinions before I decide whether or not I'm interested. At a first glance, everything does look good. But I was curious about a few things (not saying that there is anything wrong) but wanted to get some other opinions.

*It got an additional 5-points of provenience due to it still having the original tag from the Bengals Pro-Shop. Isn't that a lot of points to give just for a tag as I thought you needed a letter from the team to get that many?

*There is a small stain on the front number '2' which accounted for the only .5 points taken off. I'm not sure where it came from or why it would even be considered a bad thing because a stain could have come at any point in time when Chris was wearing the jersey, or by one of the jerseys owners.

So all in all, what do you guys think? Does it look like a legit jersey worn by Chris during the 2004 Rookie Premiere?

scottanservitz
08-16-2009, 07:08 AM
My thoughts are that the team shop tagging is just as good as a letter because the Bengals sold game used through their team store and that is good provenance. I have a Corey Dillon that was purchased through the team store that doesn't have the tags anymore and it is photo matched to 2 games. So the +5 is ok. The -.5 for the stain is because the jersey was worn in a photo shoot, not a game. Hence the stain shouldn't be there. Atleast that is my guess. All in all a nice jersey. Game worn? Don't know. But it did come from the team and was worn by Perry.

sox83cubs84
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
My thoughts are that the team shop tagging is just as good as a letter because the Bengals sold game used through their team store and that is good provenance. I have a Corey Dillon that was purchased through the team store that doesn't have the tags anymore and it is photo matched to 2 games. So the +5 is ok. The -.5 for the stain is because the jersey was worn in a photo shoot, not a game. Hence the stain shouldn't be there. Atleast that is my guess. All in all a nice jersey. Game worn? Don't know. But it did come from the team and was worn by Perry.

Yeah, that would be the case. MEARS ideally handles the presence of stains, fabric repairs, etc., on whether or not the existing stain/repair would have been the result of game use. Likewise, while a repair would be a flaw on a baseball or basketball gamer, it would be accepted on an NFL gamer, given the nature of football.

Dave M.
Chicago area

sox83cubs84
08-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Yeah, that would be the case. MEARS ideally handles the presence of stains, fabric repairs, etc., on whether or not the existing stain/repair would have been the result of game use. Likewise, while a repair would be a flaw on a baseball or basketball gamer, it would be accepted on an NFL gamer, given the nature of football.

Dave M.
Chicago area