PDA

View Full Version : Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

apujols04
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Here are the pics I promised. Any input on these items would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know what you experts think about these 2 jerseys. I guess the Unitas jersey is no good. What are the value of these if they were/are store models. Either way they are vintage and nice to look at.

both-teams-played-hard
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
WOW!
From the photos, the Staubach and Bradshaw look as good as gold! If the source is good...then you have two Hall-of-fame relics! Where did you get them? The tagging is correct on BOTH.

Bernie J. Gernay
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
The Bradshaw jersey doesn't look right although the numerals and fonts are correct. The Staubach jersey has the best shot of all 3 of being real but hard to determine with only pictures.

apujols04
11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
The Bradshaw jersey doesn't look right although the numerals and fonts are correct. The Staubach jersey has the best shot of all 3 of being real but hard to determine with only pictures.

Bernie, What is suspicious on the bradshaw?

Also...regarding the other question....I was sold these jerseys by someone who said that the person who left the jerseys to them would have wanted somebody who was younger and appreciated the jerseys to have them. Thats really all there is to it. There is also a sweet Musial jersey in the lot of jerseys I purchased. i really don't ever want to have to sell any of these. I have no idea which ones are real and which ones aren't but they all lit my eyes up when I saw them. Nothing like a vintage jersey.

apujols04
11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
WOW!
From the photos, the Staubach and Bradshaw look as good as gold! If the source is good...then you have two Hall-of-fame relics! Where did you get them? The tagging is correct on BOTH.

Thanks! I am very happy to have these jerseys. What do you think about the wear on the Bradshaw jersey? Does it add value? Also, do you think I will be able to find a photo or video match with all those stains?

hof89
11-22-2005, 03:23 PM
I agree about the Bradshaw being "off"...#'s too far apart and as always, ton incorrect Steeler gamer, the nameplate is wrong....

both-teams-played-hard
11-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Stains and obvious signs of wear add value. If you can "photo-match" the Bradshaw, then you're looking at $5,000-$7,000+... Can you post photos of the Musial in a separate thread? What else was in the lot? With all due respect, this sounds like a joke! What connections in the sportsworld does your source have?

both-teams-played-hard
11-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree about the Bradshaw being "off"...#'s too far apart and as always, ton incorrect Steeler gamer, the nameplate is wrong....
Nameplate looks perfect to me...what am I missing?

hof89
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Can I see a close up of the nameplate? Also a shot of the sleeves? This will help...thanks...

Bernie J. Gernay
11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
The Steelers jerseys from that era normally are dual tagged. Are there signs of another tag that may have been there above the one shown? Keep in mind that there are a TON of '78 year tagged Steelers "game used" jerseys floating around. Not only Bradshaw but many others as well.

apujols04
11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Stains and obvious signs of wear add value. If you can "photo-match" the Bradshaw, then you're looking at $5,000-$7,000+... Can you post photos of the Musial in a separate thread? What else was in the lot? With all due respect, this sounds like a joke! What connections in the sportsworld does your source have?
If I bought 5 jerseys for a price based on them being store bought, then if one of the 5 jerseys was used in any way by the player then I made a good deal. The people who sold me the jerseys seem to be very nice people who seemed to think the players may have actually used them, or they were store bought. Not a joke which I have caught on to at least. The Staubach may be worn. What are the values for the "doctored" jerseys? If they are store models, wont they have a value?

hof89
11-22-2005, 10:33 PM
If I bought 5 jerseys for a price based on them being store bought, then if one of the 5 jerseys was used in any way by the player then I made a good deal. The people who sold me the jerseys seem to be very nice people who seemed to think the players may have actually used them, or they were store bought. Not a joke which I have caught on to at least. The Staubach may be worn. What are the values for the "doctored" jerseys? If they are store models, wont they have a value?

Yes, store bought jerseys have value, however, if someone "doctored" them up to look worn and they get in the wrong hands, could cost some unwitting collector a lot of money if they were to purchase them as game worn...

apujols04
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Yes, store bought jerseys have value, however, if someone "doctored" them up to look worn and they get in the wrong hands, could cost some unwitting collector a lot of money if they were to purchase them as game worn...

are my jerseys tagged correctly for a store bought jersey? or do they appear to have been doctored to fool people? Please give me a value range for my jerseys if they are likely store bought, and not doctored.

apujols04
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM

my sources only connections are supposedly being in a collection from the early 80's--before many cared. did people doctor jerseys in the early eighties often?

hof89
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
my sources only connections are supposedly being in a collection from the early 80's--before many cared. did people doctor jerseys in the early eighties often?

As long as money could be made, I'm sure there have been people making up game used items. Again, I would like to see full front and back photos...this will help...

apujols04
11-24-2005, 12:54 PM

musial photos have been posted as requested. i thill don't know what you mean by: Is this a joke?