PDA

View Full Version : Bagwell Game Used - Cleats Especially

frikativ54
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey There,

Does anybody have any Jeff Bagwell game-used items they are willing to part with, especially cleats? I also like oddball items, so if you have anything that's unique in terms of memorabilia, I would be interested. I also collect rare baseball cards, including Donruss Recollection Collection stuff.

Email me at lazukor@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Frik

hblakewolf
08-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Frik-

I have a 2002 Bagwell pre-game/BP available. Majestic size 48 with the 0006 code on the interior wash tag. Great use-simply perfect jersey. Let me kow if interested.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks. Those letters look a bit close to one another, though. Looking for 1990s era jerseys, esp. with a Victory LOA.

hblakewolf
08-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks. Those letters look a bit close to one another, though. Looking for 1990s era jerseys, esp. with a Victory LOA.

Les-

What do you base your "letters" statement on?

The Bagwell I'm offering is perfect in every detail for a 2002 Astros pre-game, including the nameplate and spacing of the individual letetrs.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Fnazxc0114
08-15-2009, 04:59 PM
funny you posted this i saw this website and was going to pm you. vintage bats has a bagwell bat. didnt look at it but thought youd be interested.

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Les-

What do you base your "letters" statement on?

The Bagwell I'm offering is perfect in every detail for a 2002 Astros pre-game, including the nameplate and spacing of the individual letetrs.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

I asked a dealer who is familiar with the Astros about this jersey, and he thought that the spacing was too close together. If you could prove him wrong with a style match or photo match, I would be interested to see that.

ndevlin
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Les,

I have a pair of early 90's Bagwell shoes. They're turf shoes, the white and neon yellow/green ones. His number on the back on each shoe...

Not quite sure if I want to get rid of them, but hey, the right offer might change my mind. Lemme know if you are interested.

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Les,

I have a pair of early 90's Bagwell shoes. They're turf shoes, the white and neon yellow/green ones. His number on the back on each shoe...

Not quite sure if I want to get rid of them, but hey, the right offer might change my mind. Lemme know if you are interested.

Can you send me an email with pics to lazukor@gmail.com?

Thanks,

Frik

ndevlin
08-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Okey Dokey, email sent

hblakewolf
08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I asked a dealer who is familiar with the Astros about this jersey, and he thought that the spacing was too close together. If you could prove him wrong with a style match or photo match, I would be interested to see that.

Les-

You make a post seeking Bagwell equipment, I offer you a perfect 2002 pre-game, and your reply notes that the name on back is incorrect based upon a “dealers” opinion? Which well educated “dealer” assisted you in determining my Bagwell shirt has the spacing on the name too close together? Not only does this “dealer” have no idea what’s he’s making an opinion about, your post shows your complete lack of knowledge on Bagwell and Astros jerseys.

Did you even bother to TRY to research what the names on back of the Astros 2002 pre-games should look like by searching for a photo? Being an advanced Bagwell collector, don't you have photos of Bagwell or other Astros wearing their pre-games in 2002? The 2 photos below were located in less than 5 minutes on the web. Note the spacing, letter style and plate size-a perfect match in every way to my Bagwell jersey:

Les, in the future, I strongly suggest basing your opinion on facts, do your homework and find a new “dealer” friend who knows what he’s talking about before simply coming on this site and casting doubt on items you clearly have no idea or knowledge about.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

whatupyos
08-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Les,

If it helps, I can vouche for Howard. I've dealt with him and he knows his stuff. Very honest and extremely knowledgable. I hope this helps. I know there are tons of people who seem to dislike Howard on here, so maybe this said dealer has it out for him, but I'd put my trust in him.

Aaron

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Les-

You make a post seeking Bagwell equipment, I offer you a perfect 2002 pre-game, and your reply notes that the name on back is incorrect based upon a “dealers” opinion? Which well educated “dealer” assisted you in determining my Bagwell shirt has the spacing on the name too close together? Not only does this “dealer” have no idea what’s he’s making an opinion about, your post shows your complete lack of knowledge on Bagwell and Astros jerseys.

I simply told you a dealer's opinion about your jersey. I never said I am an expert about Bagwell jerseys, nor that he has the final word. Honestly speaking, I feel that it's inappropriate for me to name the person I got my information from. He is a reputable dealer, and offered his opinion in private.

Can you please respect the forum rule of no personal attacks. This is not about my knowledge of Bagwell jerseys; it's about the item itself. And I know what I am talking about. For example, in the 2000-2005 era, Bagwell never wore below a size 50 jersey. Yours is a 48, simply too small for Bagwell.

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Les,

If it helps, I can vouche for Howard. I've dealt with him and he knows his stuff. Very honest and extremely knowledgable. I hope this helps. I know there are tons of people who seem to dislike Howard on here, so maybe this said dealer has it out for him, but I'd put my trust in him.

Aaron

Aaron,

The dealer I am talking about is not a forum member, and does not wish to be one. I have no idea if he knows Howard or not, but I'm betting against it. In our numerous conversations, Howard's name has never come up.

That this dealer somehow has it out for him seems quite paranoid. Why would a non-forum member, someone I know from outside GUU, a guy who has handled several Bagwell jerseys, have it in for Howard?

Can we stick to the facts here? It's not Howard vs. me at all. I simply had some questions about the jersey, and I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys.

hblakewolf
08-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I simply told you a dealer's opinion about your jersey. I never said I am an expert about Bagwell jerseys, nor that he has the final word. Honestly speaking, I feel that it's inappropriate for me to name the person I got my information from. He is a reputable dealer, and offered his opinion in private.

Can you please respect the forum rule of no personal attacks. This is not about my knowledge of Bagwell jerseys; it's about the item itself. And I know what I am talking about. For example, in the 2000-2005 era, Bagwell never wore below a size 50 jersey. Yours is a 48, simply too small for Bagwell.

Les:

See your post above, then your post immediately following (below).

Clearly, you are way out of your league here and I strongly suggest focusing on Bagwell baseball cards, photos, bobble heads, Starting Lineups and similar mass produced items for your collection, first. Game used and game worn equipment? you said it best below....

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Aaron,

The dealer I am talking about is not a forum member, and does not wish to be one. I have no idea if he knows Howard or not, but I'm betting against it. In our numerous conversations, Howard's name has never come up.

That this dealer somehow has it out for him seems quite paranoid. Why would a non-forum member, someone I know from outside GUU, a guy who has handled several Bagwell jerseys, have it in for Howard?

Can we stick to the facts here? It's not Howard vs. me at all. I simply had some questions about the jersey, and I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys.
http://www.bagwellgameused.com (http://www.bagwellgameused.com/)

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Les:

See your post above, then your post immediately following (below).

Clearly, you are way out of your league here and I strongly suggest focusing on Bagwell baseball cards, photos, bobble heads, Starting Lineups and similar mass produced items for your collection, first. Game used and game worn equipment? you said it best below....

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Aaron,

Please, Howard. Stop playing semantic games with me. As someone who nearly majored in Linguistics, and who has taken three languages besides English, I now recognize that the sentence I wrote is ambiguous. It was unintentionally ambiguous.

What I said "I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys" means not that I know nothing about Bagwell jerseys. Rather, the difference is between whether "attacked for" is its own verb or if "for" is part of a prepositional phrase.

Do I need to draw tree diagrams to prove what I meant?

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Clearly, you are way out of your league here and I strongly suggest focusing on Bagwell baseball cards, photos, bobble heads, Starting Lineups and similar mass produced items for your collection, first.

Another personal attack. You are breaking forum rules. This is not about my knowledge of Bagwell items; it's about your jersey. Similarly, it's not about semantics.

Let me make something clear. From the 2000-2005 era, I have owned three Bagwell jerseys. The 2000 was a size 50. The 2003, which I recently traded, was a size 52. And the 2005 I own is a size 52.

Your jersey is a 48. Wrong size.

frikativ54
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys.

To make things a bit more clear. There is a difference between the following two sentences:

"I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys."

That was what I said. Now, I didn't say the following:

"I don't need to be attacked, for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys."

Two totally different meanings. Stop skewing my words.

Lokee
08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
allthough this is none of my business it is on an open forum. I know either of the main people in this debacle.

I collect a couple specific players and can say from experience just because a player wears a certain size as a game jersey does not mean he couldn't wear a different sized BP jersey.

For example I have a 1995 John Valentin Red Sox jersey that came straight from the Red Sox and is a size 48, at the same time I purchased a 1995 Valentin BP jersey again from the Red Sox and it was a size 46. Same thing with my 1995 Mo Vaughn jerseys both purchased directly from the Red Sox and both different sizes a gamer and a BP jersey.

Anyways it is quite possible to have different sizes from BP to game jersey's.

sox83cubs84
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Adding to that, Lokee, a Cubs Convention sourced Glenallen Hill BP jersey that was an XL, while game jerseys of the era of his were a size 50 (XXL).

BTW, Lokee, what happened to your avatar? I liked it.

Dave M.
Chicago area

hblakewolf
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Adding to that, Lokee, a Cubs Convention sourced Glenallen Hill BP jersey that was an XL, while game jerseys of the era of his were a size 50 (XXL).

BTW, Lokee, what happened to your avatar? I liked it.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave-

I too have seen this, especially when I purchased hundreds of Phillies jerseys directly from the team. For example, Mike Schmidt traditionally wore a size 44 jersey, however, I had a mid 1980's pre-game that was a size 46. Other players had different size pre-games as compared to their regular game jerseys. Likewise, I've seen the same with other teams/players-it's not uncommon.

In regard to Lesters comment, "And I know what I am talking about. For example, in the 2000-2005 era, Bagwell never wore below a size 50 jersey. Yours is a 48, simply too small for Bagwell." Not only have I confirmed him wearing a size 48 with other collectors, Hunt's recently auctioned this Bagwell gamer-note the size 48.

July 14, 2009
http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/view.gif (http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=12&lot_num=71&lot_qual=) 712002 Jeff Bagwell auto. Houston Astros professional model alternate jersey and 2000-2001 auto. undershirt. Brick red knit alternate shirt features Astros script lettering on front with player #5 on left breast and on back. Embroidered Astros patch appears on left sleeve. Bagwell's name is stitched on nameplate on back under MLB logo patch on back of collar. Majestic tagging is stitched on front tail with attached flag tag noting size "48". Bagwell has signed the upper left breast in black sharpie. Shirt exhibits solid usage and wash wear. Accompanying black sleeveless undershirt features embroidered Astros logo on front of collar and Bagwell's player #5 embroidered on back below the collar. Majestic tagging inside collar features size "2X". Bagwell has signed the front in faint white marker. Includes LOAs from Hunt Auctions (jersey) and JSA (auto.): EX-MT

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

jppopma
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Les,

I have stuck up for you in the past, but this is ridiculous. Not everything has to be a personal attack on here, so no need to add drama into things.

On the jersey, the one Howard offered you looks good. If you do take the time to review pictures, be sure to remember the triple color name and number. Many pictures will make the letters look further apart because the black and maroon don't show up well in the pictures and create an optical illusion. Also remember that sizes vary from year to year, even within years, and even moreso when going from one brand to the next or between game and BP jerseys.

With Howard himself, he has been around a long time, knows his stuff, and is a very trustworthy guy. I don't know, or care to know, who your secret dealer is. In comparing two opinions, there are not many that would EARN as much weight as Howard's. There are many in the hobby that see him as a go to guy and value his opinion.

That said, I can see how he would take offense to your comments about the jersey. When you question someone's item, it is also a personal attack on them; like saying "YOU are trying to sell me this bad jersey!". Can you see how that is? In the future, some friendly advice would be to reply by simply saying no thanks.

Take it for what it's worth, but I don't want to hear the complaining down the road when you buy a different jersey that ends up being bad.

Take care and don't sweat things,

John

eGameUsed
08-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Bagwell did wear BP jerseys in Size 48 through 52 from 1996 to 2005. Jeff wore a tighter fitting jersey in BP, as many players do.

Thanks,