PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Kent 04 Nlcs Game 5 Walk Off Hr Bat

33bird
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
This has been posted a while ago by astrosbats. I just bought this bat from him. We both 100% agree that is the bat Jeff Kent used on October 18th 2004 in game 5 of the NLCS to beat the Cardinals with a 9th inning walkoff home run. Check out the photos from that at bat from Gettys. The back barrel is the best give away (I believe this bat puts all of Dewey's game used Kent bats to shame! Just joking Dewey):

scottanservitz
08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Yep, looks good to me! Great bat!
Scott

Dewey2007
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
This has been posted a while ago by astrosbats. I just bought this bat from him. We both 100% agree that is the bat Jeff Kent used on October 18th 2004 in game 5 of the NLCS to beat the Cardinals with a 9th inning walkoff home run. Check out the photos from that at bat from Gettys. The back barrel is the best give away (I believe this bat puts all of Dewey's game used Kent bats to shame! Just joking Dewey):

Just puts to shame the two you sold me :D

Nice bat!! I better not see this one on eBay anytime soon...

33bird
08-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I was waiting for ya to respond to my smartass remark Dewey! Lol. Yea, I hope I'm not stupid enough to sell it on ebay. It's my Grail for Kent. That was one of my all-time favorite games. I watching it with my Astros Kent jersey on with my kids and BOOM-walk off HR! It's just amazing that someone captured Kent throwing the bat like that with the perfect angle. Real lucky. Word is Kent could care less about any of his game used stuff. You would have thought he might keep this bat for his kids or something, but if you know Kent it shouldn't surprise ya.

33bird
11-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Had Kent sign this bat for me with game used inscription. Check it out.

STLHAMMER32
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Had Kent sign this bat for me with game used inscription. Check it out.

Congrats, what a great piece.

33bird
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks Hammer. That's pretty good comin' from a Cardinal fan that he hit the HR against! Of course, you got the last laugh in the series. LOL.

metsbats
11-14-2009, 09:23 AM
It's great that he signed it with the inscription. I'm not sure any other player would do that. I've always liked Kent and knew it was a mistake that when the Mets traded him away.

Congrats on the auto!

STLHAMMER32
11-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Hammer. That's pretty good comin' from a Cardinal fan that he hit the HR against! Of course, you got the last laugh in the series. LOL.

Yes we did but the WS was another story lol. I remember that HR very well. Its neat to see a bat like that in someone's collection. I always wonder where some of these bats end up. I know some guys keep track or retire them and give as gifts. And then others could care less and they use them in a random game crack it and nobody knows the true significance of the bat. With technology now sometimes you get a great find like this one. It is certainly a match with the grain being the way it is...what a perfect photo to match it!

33bird
11-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Yea, funny story, is the bat was in Christopher Boyds collection, and he had no idea it was the walk off Hr bat! Oh well. Just glad I ended up with it!

kingjammy24
11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
out of curiosity, what did it take to get the inscription? did you have to show him the photomatch or did he take your word for it or...??

rudy.

33bird
11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, first, it wasn't cheap. Kent was charging 90.00+another 20.00 for an inscription. So I sent the bat with instructions on how I wanted it signed. I sent the pictures you see on here. I don't know what Kent thought of it all. My guess is he just signed it and could care less. Who knows? I do think the signing was for the baseball alumni fund. That's the only signings I've seen Kent do since his retirement.