PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I post in "Ask About Bat Shipping Records"?

jon_8_us
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I have asked this question publicly once already and gotten zero response from the administrators.Please can someone answer me??
jon

jon_8_us
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
jon_8_us, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
This is the message i get

ChrisCavalier
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I have asked this question publicly once already and gotten zero response from the administrators.Please can someone answer me??
jon
Hello Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed your earlier question. As per the membership subscription page, the ability to post in the 'Ask About Bat Shipping Records' forum is currently reserved for paid members. This is based on the fact that, given Vince Malta has been kind enough to let us post the bat player charts on our site for book purchasers, we didn't want to do anything that would potentially prevent sales of his book. That is, while we try to give as much information as possible on this site for free, we felt an obligation to Vince not to do anything that would potentially cannibalize sales of his book. While we can re-evaluate this once the book has been out for a while, we think it is the responsible thing to do right now.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your question as well as if you have any others.

Sincerely,
Chris

jon_8_us
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Hello Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed your earlier question. As per the membership subscription page, the ability to post in the 'Ask About Bat Shipping Records' forum is currently reserved for paid members. This is based on the fact that, given Vince Malta has been kind enough to let us post the bat player charts on our site for book purchasers, we didn't want to do anything that would potentially prevent sales of his book. That is, while we try to give as much information as possible on this site for free, we felt an obligation to Vince not to do anything that would potentially cannibalize sales of his book. While we can re-evaluate this once the book has been out for a while, we think it is the responsible thing to do right now.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your question as well as if you have any others.

Sincerely,
Chris

Makes perfect sense Chris.Thank you kindly for the response.

jon

ChrisCavalier
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Makes perfect sense Chris.Thank you kindly for the response.

jon
No Problem Jon. Again, I'm sorry for the delay in getting you a response. The delay was my fault, not the other administrators.

-Chris

frikativ54
08-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Can anyone tell me how to post in the Bat Shipping Records forum? I need some help with determining Octavio Dotel 1997, 1998, and 1999 LS bat shipping records. However, I am not allowed to post in that section of Game Used Universe. Can someone help me out?

harpt
08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
You have to be a "Paying" member to have access to that. It is one of the benefits of that level of membership.

dodgersfan
06-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Iam not sure why Iam unable to post on the bat shipping records?
Can someone please post this question for me.

Thanks a lot!

Rudy

I want to ask what year(s) Alex Rodriguez was issued Block Letter (non signature model) black C271 bats while with the Mariners.
If possible how many were issued and the length and weight.

BMH
06-05-2009, 06:33 PM
From 1993-95

Total of 120pcs.

All 34in/31-32oz

dodgersfan
06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks alot!
I appreciate it so much.

Rudy

godwulf
08-11-2009, 11:17 AM
When I try to do so, I get this:

godwulf, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I don't get it.

nationals2k9
08-11-2009, 11:19 AM
have to be a paying member

ndevlin
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I think when you pay for your account on here, they let you ask about shipping records in that particular section. I believe that expires after a year. It should also do it when you look up the HOF charts here on the forum. That is why you have that message come up. It does it to me as well.

godwulf
08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I see.

I've noticed that folks also post in THIS section, asking Brian about bat records. Is that a no-no?

ChrisCavalier
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
The "Ask About Bat Shipping Records" was intended to be reserved for members who, at minimum, purchased the Vince Malta book. As a distributor of Vince's book, this was done to be fair to him. That is, if we allowed everyone to ask about the shipping records, it would likely cannibalize book sales which wouldn't be very fair to the book's author.

ndevlin
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
The "Ask About Bat Shipping Records" was intended to be reserved for members who, at minimum, purchased the Vince Malta book. As a distributor of Vince's book, this was done to be fair to him. That is, if we allowed everyone to ask about the shipping records, it would likely cannibalize book sales which wouldn't be very fair to the book's author.

Hi Chris,

Does this expire after a year? Is that correct? You'd have to get a new subscription in order to use the "Ask About Bat Shipping Records", as well as looking up the HOF bat charts? Thanks

BMH
08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I see.

I've noticed that folks also post in THIS section, asking Brian about bat records. Is that a no-no?

Good question.

I happened upon this site looking up some trivia a while back and found the records section. I noticed several of the questions were of current players and not being answered. So I decided what the hell and bought a membership to answer questions. I'm not connected to the site in anyway, I mainly use the site to help keep track of what player is using what. As an example I had no idea Zimmerman was swinging Dunn's bats. Though we were wondering why Dunn was ordering more of our Maple bats (tells our reps he doesn't like the Maple) and still ordering Ash. It explains things...

I would prefer questions be asked in the shipping records area. It makes it easier to find especially when the auction bot is on the loose;)

As for helping with information I prefer to stick with current rosters since that is what I have in front of me. Ask any of the experts on this site and they will tell you H&B does not like to share it's information. So what I do here is technically a no-no. The information I have available to me is pretty bare bones and on a program that doesn't allow copying. That is why when people ask me how many total bats player X has used I generally give an estimate otherwise I have to count each order. I don't search for the details unless I know them off the top of my head. Anything before the mid nineties I try leaving to the experts, most of them know more about the changes we've made than I do. Malta's book contains a lot of great information, in fact when I get emails about older orders that's the first thing I grab:D

allstarsplus
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Good question.

As an example I had no idea Zimmerman was swinging Dunn's bats. Though we were wondering why Dunn was ordering more of our Maple bats (tells our reps he doesn't like the Maple) and still ordering Ash. It explains things...

:D

Brian - That is funny and glad I could help in the mystery. In 1 game Zimmerman, Dunn, and Bard were all using the Dunn LS Maple.

Then we find Josh Willingham swinging Zim's Marruci bats but at least Josh writes his jersey # on the knob. Zim is swinging Dunn's bats leaving #44 on the knob and end of barrel which will be fun to figure out whose bats they are after they are cracked.

Brian, a sports writer I know is doing a story on the borrowing of bats, can she contact you? If so, shoot me an email. THANKS.

allstarsplus
08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Brian - That is funny and glad I could help in the mystery. In 1 game Zimmerman, Dunn, and Bard were all using the Dunn LS Maple.

Then we find Josh Willingham swinging Zim's Marruci bats but at least Josh writes his jersey # on the knob. Zim is swinging Dunn's bats leaving #44 on the knob and end of barrel which will be fun to figure out whose bats they are after they are cracked.

Brian, a sports writer I know is doing a story on the borrowing of bats, can she contact you? If so, shoot me an email. THANKS.

If you wondered whether Adam Dunn used your Maple, here you go:

Hologram number BB608382 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: CHC AT WSH
Session Date: July 19, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: KEVIN HART PITCHING TO ADAM DUNN, FLY OUT TO CENTER FIELD, 1ST INNING, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER 125, GENUINE 353, NATIONALS VS CUBS 7/19/09

MSpecht
08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
To piggyback on Chris' and Brian's posts, for the most part, the approximately 500 or so non-HOF'er H & B records (plus all HOF'ers) I have are pre-1998, with heavy concentration from 1950 to 1990. I, along with Jim Caravello, take most of the questions from that period using the H & B records as well as other resources gathered over the years. The current players are handled by Brian, as available. The quickest resource for HOF players is Vince's book, although the records generally offer a bit more specificity than was able to be contained in that outstanding work. For the reasons Chris mentioned, the "Ask" forum is available to paid membership members only, as are the HOF players charts in the GU Library section of the Forum. I check out the "Ask" forum and "Auction" forum daily and respond whenever possible. Questions posted in the "GU Memorabilia" Forum or "Vintage" Forum may get overlooked for awhile.

If you are unaware of how the access to the H & B records originally came about, here is a link:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/blog/post.php?topic=151

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

godwulf
08-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Virtually all of my questions about shipping records would be from '98 or later. So, if I were going to ask a question, it would probably be something like, oh, whether Mike DiFelice had ordered any bats during his brief stint with the Diamondbacks in 2001, for example.

bronx_burner
08-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I've been considering paying the fee for this feature. One question I have concerning the HOF charts, are the new HOF inductee charts added to the list each year or is it limited (and will it remain limited) to HOF players at the time of publication of the book?

ndevlin
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Mike,

But that expires after a year, correct?

Thanks

MSpecht
08-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi Nate-- Per the GUU homepage, you are correct, The Basic Membership which accesses the material I mentioned has an annual renewal rate of
$ 19.95. Regarding the "Post-Malta-Book" HOF inductees, charts for those players have not been done at this time. Most records are available however, and questions will be answered on GUU. Actually, I wish I had a dollar for every Jim Rice e-mail I've answered over the past several months LOL.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com