PDA

View Full Version : Notice of change

BMH
08-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Alright, I just got back from a lovely camping trip in N.C. When I got back to work yesterday I found our laser had died in the pro bat dept. So for the past week and for the next two weeks we will be stamping the knobs instead of being laser engraved like we currently do.

Why am I posting this? Well I figure I'll save myself the trouble of being bombarded with emails and PM's in about two months when these bats get into circulation and everyone wants to know the reason for the change.

allstarsplus
08-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Brian - That is awesome! Hope your camping vacation was great.

Just to let you know, your Adam Dunn signature model Maple bats are getting a lot of air time in Washington. They did a story about the players using them.

Within a 2 day span, 3 different players hit HRs with these. Adam Dunn, Ryan Zimmerman, and Josh Bard. In fact, since July 24th, Ryan Zimmerman has hit 8 HRs with these bats!

The problem for me is that they aren't changing any of the markings on the bats and Dunn and Zim both use the same Mota stick too.

BMH
09-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Well...it's still broken.

skyking26
09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I like the fact today's bats are dated... I think that is pretty cool myself but I get amused easily maybe? :D

gameused
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Brian,

Seen a Louisville Slugger bat "without" the laser engraved date on the knob.

Stamped on the middle of the handle knob were numbers 879

I'm assuming that numbers would represent the date the bat was produced, in this case August 7, 09

Please let me know if this is correct.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Bump for BMH