PDA

View Full Version : Luis Tiant "The Lost Son of Havana"

gameused
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Just watched the Luis Tiant documentary "The Lost Son of Havana" on espn. Luis returns back to Cuba after 46 years. Great documentary, if you did not get a chance to see it, it was definitely worth watching.

Bobby

gdgyankees
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I was planning on watching it, bbut forgot. iope they play it again

NYCrulesU
08-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I watched it. It was so-so.

jobathenut
08-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Did'nt really need to watch it.As they did a good job covering everything during the red sox's/ yankees game.:)

yanks12025
08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
jobathenut,
Your right about that, that pretty much got me to hate ESPN even more. I didn't know i tuned it to a Red Sox vs Yankee game to learn about Luis Tiant. ESPN is a joke, the mlb network should replace it.

allstarsplus
08-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Just watched the Luis Tiant documentary "The Lost Son of Havana" on espn. Luis returns back to Cuba after 46 years. Great documentary, if you did not get a chance to see it, it was definitely worth watching.

Bobby

I was at the movie premiere several months ago. Growing up in the 60's and 70's, I had a chance to see El Tiante pitch, but never really knew his life story.

I didn't have my camera for the Red Carpet but brought it for the after-party which Luis Tiant also attended. Hard to believe that the same brothers that did "Something About Mary" did this documentary.

I really enjoyed it.

Here is my photo album from the After Party:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026549&id=1436138205&l=4e4780a17c

suave1477
08-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I was so pissed ESPN nearly 2 innings of baseball to promote this show.
They even were missing plays just to shoot inside the broadcasters booth to talk about the Documentary.
And when they did go back to the game they would talk over the game about the Documentary.

We just started watching what we would on MUTE.

jobathenut
08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
yanks-Don't get me started on espn boardcasting of games.I could go on a long rant about my anger about them.As much as i love my yankees,i hate watching the games on there.I wish i could get the yes network.I am old enough to remember when sports on tv used to be about the sport.And now it's about anything but the sport.And back then you might see the announcers before the game and that was about it.Now they have to have thier camera time during the game.And the banter is just a joke.I know everyone loves them but joe miller and joe morgon are a joke.I mean joe miller thinks he is a comdian and if he gets a laugh from the other booth clowns,he repeats the joke over and over.Not to mention during that game,how many times did they have to repeat themselves when showing ortiz about the steriod thing.Joe "bozo" miller kept repeating what he had already said about it,flip the script already,talk about something new.I mean have some consideration for the listener.Told you i could rant about this.They went a full inning without saying what was going on in that game.And the thing that got me really mad was swisher looked to be hit.And they just made a joke about it and never showed a replay to see if indeed he got hit.Sorry i ranted-:)
jobathenut,
Your right about that, that pretty much got me to hate ESPN even more. I didn't know i tuned it to a Red Sox vs Yankee game to learn about Luis Tiant. ESPN is a joke, the mlb network should replace it.

jobathenut
08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
suave my friend-I am right there with you on this.They proberly sound the best muted.:)
I was so pissed ESPN nearly 2 innings of baseball to promote this show.
They even were missing plays just to shoot inside the broadcasters booth to talk about the Documentary.
And when they did go back to the game they would talk over the game about the Documentary.

We just started watching what we would on MUTE.

nyjetsfan14
08-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Not trying to incite the SNB haters but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Tiant during the game and the interaction with him and Morgan. I also think Sunday Night baseball is by far the best broadcast of the week and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are insightful, fun, and have a tremendous chemistry to say the least and my son and I always look forward to Sunday Night Baseball and hoping the Angels appear (which they rarely do despite being such a winning franchise). Just my .02 cents...happy collecting to all.

allstarsplus
08-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Not trying to incite the SNB haters but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Tiant during the game and the interaction with him and Morgan. I also think Sunday Night baseball is by far the best broadcast of the week and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are insightful, fun, and have a tremendous chemistry to say the least and my son and I always look forward to Sunday Night Baseball and hoping the Angels appear (which they rarely do despite being such a winning franchise). Just my .02 cents...happy collecting to all.

It was OK but went too long as it started dragging on like an informercial. You knew they were promoting the Movie and a 1/2 inning with Tiant would have been more appropriate.

It's not just ESPN as Fox does the same thing with product placement and they point out actors/actresses that appear in Fox shows.

Sunday Night Baseball is a well produced show and I am a big fan of Jon Miller.