PDA

View Full Version : Are Majestic Cool Base Jerseys becoming primary jersey sets?

cardinals0103
08-10-2009, 01:28 AM
I've been to quite a few MLB games so far this year ( here at Kansas City). From what I've seen, it seems like both the Royals and the visiting teams are wearing the cool base jersey type more rather than your tradition jersey materials type.

Cool base has been around for a bit but I think they cool base jersey set has always been like an "alternate" set.

Has anyone else noticed this small detail trend among MLB teams?

cordovacollector
08-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I've been to quite a few MLB games so far this year ( here at Kansas City). From what I've seen, it seems like both the Royals and the visiting teams are wearing the cool base jersey type more rather than your tradition jersey materials type.

Cool base has been around for a bit but I think they cool base jersey set has always been like an "alternate" set.

Has anyone else noticed this small detail trend among MLB teams?

And does anyone else besides me HATE the Cool Base rubberized tagging?!?! I have extreme doubts they will stand the test of time for collector value. I have already seen some worn off badly.

I am SO glad the main part of my collection is pre-2003 and vintage stuff. I think the rubberized tagging will be a collector's nightmare in the future.

Gocong57
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
This info from another mb should be helpful

http://www.jerseycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2161&p=32146&hilit=cool#p32146

cardinals0103
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
This info from another mb should be helpful

http://www.jerseycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2161&p=32146&hilit=cool#p32146

wow, good stuff. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

allstarsplus
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
One of the main players I work with still likes the regular jerseys on colder days. I see most of the jerseys I am getting now are the Cool Base.

whatupyos
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
From what I can tell, the Oakland A's seem to love the cool base jersey's. That what they mostly seem to wear from my observance.

Aaron

metsbats
08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I think the Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams who do not use cool-base jerseys during games. They also have not converted to cool flo batting helmets.

April 10, 1962
08-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Cool base game jerseys are an MLB thing. All teams have to have at least one set. It is up to the team to choose which. As far as the tagging, I don't think MLB thinks in terms of a collector, rather they do what is best for the product their players are wearing. I'm sure they don't sit around in a New york conference room saying, "We have to have a fabric size tag because collectors will like it better."

gdgyankees
08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
No, some Sox players do wear Cool-base jerseys, such as Kevin Youklis.

cordovacollector
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
As far as the tagging, I don't think MLB thinks in terms of a collector, rather they do what is best for the product their players are wearing.

I'm sure they don't sit around in a New york conference room saying, "We have to have a fabric size tag because collectors will like it better."

Oh, such subtle, sweet sarcasm :rolleyes: thrown to the uniformed little concerned collector-mind poster. But I can guaran-damntee you they sit around their NY conference rooms and worry their sweet arses off about knock-offs from foreign countries and the people pirating them and selling them for $15 at Battery Park to go along with the $10 Rolexes.

MLB/jersey manufacturers do care about whether they are making these Cool Bases too easy to knock-off. If they don't, they soon find themselves selling those $10 Rolies themselves.

Hold on to your day job.;) Wanna buy a Rolex? ;)

murfsteve25
08-11-2009, 05:50 PM
You guys get too fired up on here...

April 10, 1962
08-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh, such subtle, sweet sarcasm :rolleyes: thrown to the uniformed little concerned collector-mind poster. But I can guaran-damntee you they sit around their NY conference rooms and worry their sweet arses off about knock-offs from foreign countries and the people pirating them and selling them for $15 at Battery Park to go along with the $10 Rolexes.

MLB/jersey manufacturers do care about whether they are making these Cool Bases too easy to knock-off. If they don't, they soon find themselves selling those $10 Rolies themselves.

Hold on to your day job.;) Wanna buy a Rolex? ;)

Believe me, I plan to do nothing with my day job. ;)