PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Greene Jersey Question (ATT:RKGIBSON)

Sixburgh, PA
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
As i have said before, I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to vintage authentic jerseys, however I have <10 game used/worn pieces.

I got my first supposeded gamer when I was about 14, a pre-'91 Rams Kevin Greene as a Christmas gift (he was a Steeler at that time), but as I got older, and the internet came into play, I realized there are inconsistencies:

1. it is a size 48, tapered bottom, no extra length (my main concern)
2. no spandex sides, however I have seen at least one other on americanmemorabilia without them
3. stains, but no hit marks, repairs, etc.

The one thing that does give me a little hope is the fact that there is no Russell tag in the neckline, or signs that there ever was one, as is the case with store bought authentics.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that I was duped, and was going to try to get the stains out, maybe add a 40th ann. patch, and just wear it like any other authentic, but I wanted to get some other opinions first.

Also, I noticed some Greene gamers (all Rams), have the letters in his name closer together, while others like mine, have a little more space between them. Are these differences random, or specific to certain years?

Any feedback/opinions would be very helpful, and greatly appreciated.
Thanks

RKGIBSON
08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Kevin told me he wore a size 50 with 6" extra length his whole career till the last couple years when he tailored the jerseys super tight and changed his shoulder pads. He started tapering the sleeves in '88, I think he said. Attached are photos of his '89 Ram home jersey and his '91 Ram jersey. Both these jerseys were worn for multiple games. Also attached are some size tags from other years. He actually went down to a 44 in his final year to fit the smaller shoulder pads.

Roger

RKGIBSON
08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I wish we had a edit feature. The Blue jersey is from the 1990 year. Hope this is enough info. If you need more let me know.

Roger

Sixburgh, PA
08-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for taking the time to reply, and so quickly.

I'm thinking, because of the quality, the cut, and lack of neckline tag, this did come from the Rams, possibly blank, and is just a good custom job.
I hope the stains wash out.

Thanks again, and also, congrats on accumulating such an impressive collection.