PDA

View Full Version : Rickey Henderson Auto Jersey..please comment

advan24r
08-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Been looking for an auto'd jersey of his...the one w/0 feedback is from man of steal COA. The other one is from Diamond Collection Rawling Authentic.

Are they both real autos?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RICKEY-HENDERSON-SIGNED-JERSEY-WHITE-AS-C-O-A_W0QQitemZ230362925360QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item35a2b34930&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rickey-Henderson-Signed-Jersey-Athletics_W0QQitemZ220461726400QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33548afac0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

scottanservitz
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Ricky had a contract with Man of Steal Sports and I have an autographed game used bat of his. I'll post a picture for you to look at the auto. It matches much closer to the MOS jersey. Hope this helps.

Scott

bronx_burner
08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
The signature on the first one looks good. I'm not as confident on the second one but it may be legit also. Hendersons auto has quite a degree of variation in it at times but theres certain elements that remain consistent.

That said I'd probably only consider the first one if I was looking to buy. And thats assuming you've gotten info from the seller that it has a MOS COA. I'd ask to see the COA before buying anyway - the seller calls is a "certificut" which scares me off. The second one is not a COA, basically its more like a pretty paper with a description of the type of jersey it is and who its signed by - these always send me running. Also, from looking at it, I doubt it has any numbers, front or back, or NOB which may effect your decision.

Unfortunately, signed Henderson jerseys are expensive. He won't sign them at all unless you pay for it at a signing and he gets (I believe) $425 to sign YOUR jersey.

Most signed Rickey jerseys that turn up these days were done thorugh MOS or at a signing set up by Mike Weiss (from MOS) so if its a legit MOS COA, it may be okay. I know when you want something, will power is hard to come by but with a combined feedback total of 1 between the two sellers, I'd personally wait a while for some more to become available.

suicide_squeeze
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
The second jersey is.............IMO......... bogus.

First one looks fine.

David
08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
As already noted, the first listing is a primitive, but a Man of Steal COA and hologram is good for a Rickey Henderson autograph. Check if there is a MOS hologram is on the jersey.