PDA

View Full Version : Photo Matching

LastingsMilledge85
08-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I was just wondering other than giving you that feeling that you know your GU merchandise is legit, what else does photo matching provide? Does it add value?

kylehess10
08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I was just wondering other than giving you that feeling that you know your GU merchandise is legit, what else does photo matching provide? Does it add value?

Ofcoarse it adds value. A few months ago I was selling a Mark Kotsay game worn jersey on here for $150. Within an hour I photomatched it to when he hit for the cycle, then quickly cancelled the post and kept the jersey. Sometimes you just don't know what you have until it's photomatched. I bought a Kurt Abbott 2000 World Series game used shattered bat for $75 off eBay years ago. A few days later I photomatched it to several shots of Derek Jeter picking it up. Ever since I've gotton so many e-mails in regards to purchasing the bat (I never sold it though). That's been the case for numerous pieces in my collection. Once something is photomatched, depending on when it was used, you can have something worth more than what you expected.

Plus, having a photomatched picture makes a great display. I have a Willy Taveras WBC game worn jersey covered in blood & dirt. Displayed right next to the jersey is a screenshot from ESPN of Taveras with the dirty jersey on. It looks great seeing the jersey right in front of you and the photomatch right next to it.

LastingsMilledge85
08-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah the one Milledge jersey I have photmatched he hit 2 homers with in one game

allstarsplus
08-01-2009, 08:27 AM
I have found for hockey collectors they will pay a big premium for Photomatched items. I made a bulk purchase of Ovechkin sticks and the ones that were photomatched claimed a huge premium in final sales price. I think hockey fans are used to the standards set by MeiGray where they attempt to photomatch all their items.

I don't think the photomatching is an end all, but lets face it, finding a baseball bat or jersey that was used for something significant is very special and the same of course goes for other sports.