PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tony Bernazard

metsbats
07-27-2009, 06:43 PM
"The Mets had been investigating a New York Daily News report that indicated Bernazard took off his shirt and challenged members of their struggling Double-A Binghamton affiliate to a fight during a postgame tirade earlier this month. "

Only in NY. Had this happened with the Big League team it would have been well justified:D

sox83cubs84
07-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I saw the headline, but I was surprised. Bernazard was always a classy guy during his days here in Chi-Town with the White Sox. There's probably more to this than has been revealed.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Incident or not, Bernazard had to go. Performance was poor. In fact, it couldn't have been any worse.

This guy was VP of player development, and he managed to "develop" the worst farm system in all of the big leagues.

AAA Buffalo - worst team in AAA

AA Binghamton - worst team in AA

Each time a main player on the parent club would go down with injury this year, they would literally have nobody to call up to fill their shoes. It's been downright embarassing.

Rebuilding of this organization needed to start somewhere, and I think Bernazard was a good starting point.

suave1477
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Tnt,

Brooklyn Cyclones are Great!!!

To bad the Mets don't actually keep most of those players lol

Kazmir Kazmir Kazmir (Ferris Buellers Teachers voice):D

dcrules01
07-28-2009, 01:38 PM
I have never understood all the hype about Kazmir..He is 51-43 lifetime I have seen him pitch on a few occasions and he has never dominated in those games..He has 1 cg in 139 and a 3.90 era..Maybe I am missing something..:confused:

TNTtoys
07-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Tnt,

Brooklyn Cyclones are Great!!!

To bad the Mets don't actually keep most of those players lol

Kazmir Kazmir Kazmir (Ferris Buellers Teachers voice):D

Agree that the Mets have a quality short season single A club... but why is our AA and AAA system failing so badly? Are we not developing these players the way other systems are? Wouldn't this be the job of the VOP in charge of player development? :confused:

suave1477
07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I have never understood all the hype about Kazmir..He is 51-43 lifetime I have seen him pitch on a few occasions and he has never dominated in those games..He has 1 cg in 139 and a 3.90 era..Maybe I am missing something..:confused:

I think your missing the bigger picture on Kazmir.

You cannot always go by exactly a win to loss ratio because it is not a 100% accurate of what the pitcher himself has done.
Don;t forget how many game you could be winning and the bullpen can blow a lead for you. Which results in a no decision.
For Example
2007 3.48 era in 34 games with a 12 - 9 record - which tells me chances are he probably pitched well in a few more games but obviously didn't get the decision.

His Lifetime 3.90 era??? Well to be honest if you look at his stats that entirely isn't accurate. He first time in the bigs he only pitched a few games and his era was 5.67. He has been on the DL this year and really hasn't been right his era this season is 6.69. So that is why his era is at 3.90 if you take his 4 best season which so far is only 4 full seasons, it would be a lot lower.

Now if he bounces back to the old Kazmir this season it will definitely go down.

As far as not being dominating well that's not true either.
For roughly about 5 and a half season he has 841 strikeouts
If...... he can come back to his old foorm and for example lasts another 10 years he will put up some where near 2500 to 2800 strikes outs. That's pretty dominating.