PDA

View Full Version : Mets Fire Sale??????

suave1477
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Well I am not a Met fan but being they are in New York I actually am starting to feel bad for them.

They are hurting just about each and every way. All the infield positions are being played by the backs ups and even 3rd strings. The Mets got guys playing even they never even heard of from there own farm system lol lol
Half there pitching is backs ups

And no one is producing

The Mets best players has been a back up utility player......... some guy named Sheffield.

So do you think this is a time to use to start rebuidling the team?
Start taking what you have and maybe start gunning for some top prospects???

metsbats
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I really don't feel bad or sorry for them.

They have injuries to Delgado, Beltran, Maine, Putz.

They have a horrible GM whose running a senior league team for washed up latin players and have made no smart moves to make up for the loses due to injuries.

They have managment/ownership who lost tons of money thru the Madoff scandal and probably won't be able to sign any high priced free agent next year anyway.

At least this year the collapse started much earlier that. September.

LastingsMilledge85
07-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Everybody has to go, clean house after season and start fresh. WIll it actually happen, no. But, if the Mets will continue to lose, then they should take a lesson from the Washington Nationals, have a fun time out there, play people in different positions, and be a lot more FAN FRIENDLY!

mr.miracle
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I really don't feel bad or sorry for them.

They have injuries to Delgado, Beltran, Maine, Putz.

They have a horrible GM whose running a senior league team for washed up latin players and have made no smart moves to make up for the loses due to injuries.

They have managment/ownership who lost tons of money thru the Madoff scandal and probably won't be able to sign any high priced free agent next year anyway.

At least this year the collapse started much earlier that. September.

The Mets will be fine. The word on the street is that Fred Wilpon has already contacted Lenny Dykstra to take over his financial planning. Fred will be back on top in no time. :rolleyes:

metsbats
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Sadly if Lenny was managing their money instead of Bernie they would have posted a gain.

mr.miracle
07-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Sadly if Lenny was managing their money instead of Bernie they would have posted a gain.

Lenny was on the Dan Patrick show today or I think it was taped from yesterday. It had to be one of the most pathetic interviews I have ever heard. I am not sure who is giving this hack their money but you must be some kind of idiot to do so. Talk about playing off of your name, Dykstra sounded drunk on the show and was not making any sense whatsoever. Even Patrick said it was one of the strangest interviews he has ever had in over 9 years on the radio. I think he said his website is Nails Financial. You have got to be kidding me, that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If Lenny is or was truly making other people money, apparently he had no idea how to manage his own finances given the reported state of his financial situation at the moment.