PDA

View Full Version : Old 1970's LA Lakers player game used jersey SCD

DantleyHOF
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi,

This is going plenty of years back of SCD. Maybe someone still has the SCD issue. Someone was advertising in SCD one whole page of selling old LA Lakers game used player jerseys' from the 1970s'. Wondering what was the dealer name and his location? Anyone have that issue? Can anyone send me that page? Maybe Dave M. can help me. Thanks B.F.

sox83cubs84
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi,

This is going plenty of years back of SCD. Maybe someone still has the SCD issue. Someone was advertising in SCD one whole page of selling old LA Lakers game used player jerseys' from the 1970s'. Wondering what was the dealer name and his location? Anyone have that issue? Can anyone send me that page? Maybe Dave M. can help me. Thanks B.F.

Not recalling this off the top of my head. Two advertisers in the LA area from that era were Scott Welkowsky (still active) and Sports Alley (now extinct, although the son from that business, Steve Wigderson, sells on eBay). Dan C., the Laker Leader, ran ads in the mid 1990s as well. Maybe one of these will pan out.

Dave M.
Chicago area
Good Luck!

otismalibu
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM
You can always email a seller...not sure if they'll take the time to look.
I wanted a scan from an old GFC catalog that was on eBay. I just sent the guy a couple of bucks via Paypal and he sent me a scan.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=scd+magazine&_sacat=See-All-Categories

33bird
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I know the guy that bought the Lakers Adrian Dantley jersey from that ad. He still has it today.

DantleyHOF
07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
otismalibu, Dave M. and 33bird thanks for answering me back.

33bird do you have the copy of that scd ad?

Otis what GFC catalog do you need? I might have it.

Dave M. thought Welkowsky dealt with rings. Sports Alley had some good game used items. Do you have his son Ebay name? Does he sell game used items? Is this the Dan C. who is the LA Lakers expert and on this forum? Have you ever hear of Wall of Fame? Leszczynski & Dullea?
Thanks B.F.

both-teams-played-hard
07-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I definitely remember this ad. I asked about it a while back on this forum. It was in SCD, around 1994 or 1995. There was this so-called "Lakers find". It seems there was some sort of controversy. Don't remember the details, but I recall the full page ad.

sox83cubs84
07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
otismalibu, Dave M. and 33bird thanks for answering me back.

33bird do you have the copy of that scd ad?

Otis what GFC catalog do you need? I might have it.

Dave M. thought Welkowsky dealt with rings. Sports Alley had some good game used items. Do you have his son Ebay name? Does he sell game used items? Is this the Dan C. who is the LA Lakers expert and on this forum? Have you ever hear of Wall of Fame? Leszczynski & Dullea?
Thanks B.F.

Dantley:
Scott is known for rings, but he does (did?) some jerseys, too. Widgerson is either sportsautographs or sportsartifacts, I can't precisely remember which. And, yes, DAN C. is the Forum's own Lakers guru, Dan Cisneros.

Warren:

I don't recall the Lakers find, but I do remember an alleged find of 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers that Sports Alley unearthed. The story was that they were from the estate of 1955 Dodgers coach Greg Mulleavy, but most flannel collectors of the era were skeptical of their authenticity. Widgerson ran four of them on eBay a few years ago, but did not specifically ascribe game use to them ("maybe" was as strong as it got), and the ending prices were only a fraction of what a true '55 Brooklyn gamer would get.

Dave M.
Chicago area

DantleyHOF
08-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Still looking for a copy of the ad. Can someone scan the page. Thanks.