PDA

View Full Version : Conspicous Aunthentication Stickers

joelsabi
07-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Do any authentication company have a policy of allowing the owner to decide where to stick their authentication sticker? I just find that the stickers could detract from a display piece.

Are there any authentication company(s) that require the sticker to be in a certain place on an authenticated item.

emann
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I think PSA will allow you to specify on one of the ends (where they usually put it) or on the LOA.

The worst seems to be MLB, they appear to have no real standard (especially on bats). Steiner is also sometimes kinda rough (although they seem to try and hit the same general area- near the name on the barrel).

I've pulled a few stickers off of bats if I feel they're too distracting (the Steiner ones specifically). Stick it to the LOA and I'm fine with it...

TriplexXxSports
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Depending on the item, gloves, mini helmet's, etc. I will just send a COA with the hologram attached and let the buyer decide where they want the other.

I agree completely that on some items a hologram can take away from the 'clean display look' of an item.

mbrieve
07-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Depending on the item, gloves, mini helmet's, etc. I will just send a COA with the hologram attached and let the buyer decide where they want the other.

I agree completely that on some items a hologram can take away from the 'clean display look' of an item.
Doesn't that open you up to them putting your hologram on a bogus item that you are now attesting to it's authenticity?

I purchased a hockey puck signed by Steve Yzerman from Stevie Y Authentics. They gave me the puck, COA and corresponding sticker unattached. I still have it and nothing could stop me (except my conscience) from sticking it on a bogus item.

joelsabi
07-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Doesn't that open you up to them putting your hologram on a bogus item that you are now attesting to it's authenticity?

I purchased a hockey puck signed by Steve Yzerman from Stevie Y Authentics. They gave me the puck, COA and corresponding sticker unattached. I still have it and nothing could stop me (except my conscience) from sticking it on a bogus item.

well. if its corresponding sticker with corresponding LOA i would need both to consider buying it.

also if its a tamperproof sticker there is no way someone can move the sticker.

i have heard moving the stickers to a more inconspicuous place on the item.