PDA

View Full Version : Is Grey Flannel trustworthy???

BrewCrewSackers
07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking of bidding on a jersey authenticated by them. I see they sell for a lot less than mlb.com's gu jerseys.

whatupyos
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Wish I could tell you but I'm fearful of a S and D letter from them. LOL :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

BrewCrewSackers
07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Wish I could tell you but I'm fearful of a S and D letter from them. LOL :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

What??

dcrules01
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Do a search for Grey flannel there are plenty of threads about them. I think members have taking the approach buyer beware the way I have taking it in threads about them.I have never purchased anything from them personally..

mattmueller
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
BrewCrew:

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are referencing the ebay Prince Fielder jersey offered by masauction on ebay versus the one on MLB auctions. My short answer would be that I would not place too much reliance on any LOA with a modern jersey unless it was from MLB's authentication program. Given the proliferation of team issued jerseys and the like, there is just no way for a third-party, Grey Flannel or any other company, to verify use without MLB saying it was game used. With a bit of help from others on the forum, you could probably identify the proper characteristics of the jersey to see if you can get comfortable with it.

To me, the jersey appears to have the proper neck tagging and perhaps a decent amount of dirt/use around the neck. However, the relative minty crisp look of the +3" tag would indicate that it did not get washed (or used) all that much. Perhaps somebody else could weigh in as to whether that size/sleeve length is correct with Fielder in 2007, but that seems to be about right to me.

Please feel free to email me and I can give you some additional details on the commentary elsewhere in this thread.

Matt

BrewCrewSackers
07-20-2009, 10:25 PM
BrewCrew:

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are referencing the ebay Prince Fielder jersey offered by masauction on ebay versus the one on MLB auctions. My short answer would be that I would not place too much reliance on any LOA with a modern jersey unless it was from MLB's authentication program. Given the proliferation of team issued jerseys and the like, there is just no way for a third-party, Grey Flannel or any other company, to verify use without MLB saying it was game used. With a bit of help from others on the forum, you could probably identify the proper characteristics of the jersey to see if you can get comfortable with it.

To me, the jersey appears to have the proper neck tagging and perhaps a decent amount of dirt/use around the neck. However, the relative minty crisp look of the +3" tag would indicate that it did not get washed (or used) all that much. Perhaps somebody else could weigh in as to whether that size/sleeve length is correct with Fielder in 2007, but that seems to be about right to me.

Please feel free to email me and I can give you some additional details on the commentary elsewhere in this thread.

Matt

Thanks!

sox83cubs84
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Shouldn't that be a C and D letter? (Cease begins with a C).

Dave M.
Chicago area

rj_lucas
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM

I think S and D would be Search and Destroy. Come to think of it, a few of the auction houses would probably like to do a little S and D on forum members who've called them out ;)

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

suicide_squeeze
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I think S and D would be Search and Destroy. Come to think of it, a few of the auction houses would probably like to do a little S and D on forum members who've called them out ;)

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

http://www.emoticonshut.com/emoticons/Cartoon/homer.gif (http://www.emoticonshut.com/free-emoticon/homer.html) DOH!!!!!!

cards-bats
07-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm 2 for 2 in buying bad items from them. I'm not ever going back to find out about the 3rd.