PDA

View Full Version : Value of a signed Votto game bat

treant985
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM
They don't come up on ebay very often, so I don't have much of a gauge: what's a signed game-ued Votto LVS M9 with good use worth? A friend told me that they tend to list for at least $150-$200.

It's actually a minor league bat, as Votto has his old #5 on there. I've always considered pre-rookie bats to be rarer and thus a little more valuable, but maybe others disagree.

Thanks!

murfsteve25
07-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Id say if you have paperwork or something then it could be worth somewhere around that range. If it was just something you picked up with no proof I doubt it would go for very much.

Good rule of thumb: I was always told that a piece is only worth as much as people are willing to spend on it.

treant985
07-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Id say if you have paperwork or something then it could be worth somewhere around that range. If it was just something you picked up with no proof I doubt it would go for very much.

Good rule of thumb: I was always told that a piece is only worth as much as people are willing to spend on it.

I'm not sure if this was going into your calculation or not, but it's not a pro stock bat, so it has Votto's name stamped on there. So, while I'm sure a team letter would add to its value, I'm not sure why it'd be a requirement for it to be valuable.

justinwc80
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I've seen mid $200s for pro era bats for him.

murfsteve25
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
With the Letter, all im saying is this...lets say your looking for a Jeter bat. One guy has one with a Steiner Coa and another guy has one who says he got it from a bat boy, therefore no Coa. The choice is obvious. Why? Because the paperwork is all the proof you need. Are you going to trust the guy who says he got the bat from a batboy? I guess it really depends on who you are dealing with too. Some bats do slip by the authenticators and into the hands of collectors.

AWA85
07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Paperwork on bats is not big to me at all, but you have to know characteristics of the player when making a purchase on a bat.

As for price range $175 to that $225 range is what I have seen on most.