PDA

View Full Version : Alameda Sports Exhibit

calgrad1999
07-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Hello Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know that I went to the grand opening of the 1st Annual Alameda Sports Exhibit, coordinated by the Alameda Sports Project today and had a great time. The exhibit celebrates the many sports figures the community of Alameda, California has produced, such as Jason Kidd, Willie Stargell, Jimmy Rollins, and Dontrelle Willis. The event also celebrates the community's rich sports legacy, which spans over a century. There are many interesting items on display, including game used jerseys, bats, photos, magazine covers, and other types of sports memorabilia. The exhibit also highlights athetes achievements in golf, boxing, and women's baseball.

The exhibit is located at the Alameda Museum - 2324 Alameda Avenue in Alameda California. Admission is free, but donations to the museum are accepted.

The exhibit will run through the end of August. If you happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area at this time, it's definitely worth checking out.

Congratulations to Brian and Dewey for putting together a wonderful showing. I know this will be the first of many wonderful events the Alameda Sports Project will put together.