PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Here Win The Hunt Auctions Boggs Game Used Baseball Lot?

Ozric
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Please send me a note if anyone on the forum won the Wade Boggs milestone game used balls from the recent Hunt All Star Game auction.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I was actually on the phone bidding on that lot......but I let it go......went too high in my opinion.

Ozric
07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
I was actually on the phone bidding on that lot......but I let it go......went too high in my opinion.

I was on vacation and did not have phone service where I was at. I was hoping that the buyer may part with one or more of them.

Ozric
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Still looking for these... Please let me know if anyone knows who the winner was or if they have seen any of them up for sale/auction again.

Thanks,

Tim

suicide_squeeze
08-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Still looking for these... Please let me know if anyone knows who the winner was or if they have seen any of them up for sale/auction again.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

May I make a suggestion? I realize this may not get you to the promised land....but it's worth a shot.

Call Hunt Auctions, ask them to contact the winning bidder of the lot and tell this person that they have a party that is interested in maybe obtaining one of the balls......if they would entertain breaking up the lot and selling one. I'm sure Hunt would do this for you. They can give the winning bidder your contact info (cell phone; email address; etc.) and, if you are lucky, they may contact you to work out a deal. Or, they may give you a message from Hunt (like "Sorry, want them all, not interested in breaking up the group".)

As much of a bummer as that would would be, at least you would know.

Hunt has privacy laws, which as an outstanding auction house they are sure to follow, so they will not be able to divulge any info to you on who won the lot, or how you could contact them.

Good luck.

Ozric
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Tim,

May I make a suggestion? I realize this may not get you to the promised land....but it's worth a shot.

Call Hunt Auctions, ask them to contact the winning bidder of the lot and tell this person that they have a party that is interested in maybe obtaining one of the balls......if they would entertain breaking up the lot and selling one. I'm sure Hunt would do this for you. They can give the winning bidder your contact info (cell phone; email address; etc.) and, if you are lucky, they may contact you to work out a deal. Or, they may give you a message from Hunt (like "Sorry, want them all, not interested in breaking up the group".)

As much of a bummer as that would would be, at least you would know.

Hunt has privacy laws, which as an outstanding auction house they are sure to follow, so they will not be able to divulge any info to you on who won the lot, or how you could contact them.

Good luck.

Thanks for the note and your help. I've actually tried this in the past on a few occasions and have never received a response from the winning bidder. Now that could mean that they just did not want to sell rather than not getting my message. The last time I did this, the winning bidder happened to see my note on the forum and was kind enough to sell me the jersey. He did confirm that he was not contacted by the auction house even after I gave the auction house my contact info... I just sent Hunt an e-mail. I'll let you know if anything happens.

GarkoCollector
08-07-2009, 08:40 AM
From my own experience with Hunt, they screwed up and sold a jersey lot that I had won to another person. I only wanted 1 piece from the lot anyhow. Hunt contacted the winner, told them they made an error but that I only wanted 1 of the jerseys. They made a deal with Hunt, sold them the jerseys I wanted and it was sent with the auction that I had won and paid for.

Hunt is top notch and I wouldnt hesitate to contact them if I had any issues, problems or questions.

Good Luck!!!
Tom

AndersonAuthentics
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
There will be more of the Boggs milestone hit baseballs coming up for auction. Wade had the 40 hit balls leading up to #3,000 available for sale, so be on the lookout for the others to pop up soon.

Ozric
08-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys... Much appreciated. I did hear back from Hunt and they said that they sent the buyer my contact information. They answered my e-mail within 10 minutes of my request. Anderson, please let me know if you get any more of these balls.

Thanks again,

Tim

AndersonAuthentics
08-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys... Much appreciated. I did hear back from Hunt and they said that they sent the buyer my contact information. They answered my e-mail within 10 minutes of my request. Anderson, please let me know if you get any more of these balls.

Thanks again,

Tim

Tim,

I never had any of these balls in my possession, just to clarify. These were offered to me as part of a rather large package of game used items from Boggs a few months back. What was available from Hunt was like 1/10th of the total amount of items available.

Hope you are able to get hold of the items you are looking for!

harleighb
08-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Jon,

Can you shoot me an e-mail? I've been trying to reach you to no avail as of late.

harleighb@hotmail.com

AndersonAuthentics
08-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Harleigh,

Email sent.

Ozric
03-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Long overdue bump for this lot. I am still looking for these balls. I believe that this auction ended in July of last year...

Thanks,

Tim

Ozric
06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Still looking for these if anyone has any information...

Thanks,

Tim

Ozric
09-16-2012, 11:31 AM
I am still looking for these and figured that I would bump since we seem to have a much newer member base.

Thanks,

Tim