PDA

View Full Version : Thome 7 RBI

skyking26
07-18-2009, 08:16 AM
In what could be Thome's last season; he hits a Slam and a 3 Run Shot for 7 RBI's.

From what I've heard, the Sox plan on bidding farewell to Thome following this season. 550+ HRS, class act, no roids, 1st ballot HOF'er in my book. UNDERRATED. If the Sox don't want him for '10, who does?? I somebody going to tell me the Orioles or another AL team can't use this guy???

Comments? Don't list the "had a good night" post. He's had YEARS of good nights. Great total this year in limited duty because they don't play him every day.

Give me a choice of Arod or Thome career, I'll take Thome everyday all day.

RK

markize
07-18-2009, 08:30 AM
In what could be Thome's last season; he hits a Slam and a 3 Run Shot for 7 RBI's.

From what I've heard, the Sox plan on bidding farewell to Thome following this season. 550+ HRS, class act, no roids, 1st ballot HOF'er in my book. UNDERRATED. If the Sox don't want him for '10, who does?? I somebody going to tell me the Orioles or another AL team can't use this guy???

Comments? Don't list the "had a good night" post. He's had YEARS of good nights. Great total this year in limited duty because they don't play him every day.

RK

Bob,

I think he's the second sox player to have 7 rbi's in a game in the last month. Yes, he had a great game (sorry, had to do it). As a Yankees fan, I would take him over arod because of his approach to the game. Mostly based on attitude, and he's a team player. His trip to the hall is a sure first ballot, and he deserves it 100%. Also, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility to see the Yankees consider him to DH, or provide an extra HR bat off the bench next year. As you know they have a history of taking players at the end of a long career.

Mark

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 10:41 AM

RK

I certainly hope it's not his last year.....one of the true power hitter's in the game.....always has been.

I am actively looking to obtain one of his home runs balls....

ANYONE out there with one, or if you see one in an auction or up for sale in your local area.....PLEASE contact me. If the provenance is good, and I consumate the deal, I will pay a $100.00 finder's fee to the person who got me in contact with the seller......quaranteed!!!

Thanks,

Steve

AWA85
07-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Being at the game last night, it was awesome watching Thome. The stadium was electric when he hit his slam last night. One of the good guys in the game, and is a lot of fun to watch hit.

I feel so dirty saying all that..... GO REDS!

karamaxjoe
07-18-2009, 11:42 AM
The Thome run in Chicago was nice but it's time to move on. The Sox need to move Dye into the DH role and find more speed in the outfield.

I also believe the Sox would rather have kept Aaron Rowand instead of adding Thome if they could do it all over again.

Big Jim hit some nice homers, but he's now a slow one dimensional player. He'll make a nice addition to the Hall of Fame with his numbers and character.

skyking26
07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
The Thome run in Chicago was nice but it's time to move on. The Sox need to move Dye into the DH role and find more speed in the outfield.

I also believe the Sox would rather have kept Aaron Rowand instead of adding Thome if they could do it all over again.

Big Jim hit some nice homers, but he's now a slow one dimensional player. He'll make a nice addition to the Hall of Fame with his numbers and character.
I do agree that he is now more one-dimensional. It will be a smaller market trying to find a fit; and it appears it will not be with the Sucks.

The posts above mention a Yankees addition, or going to a club like the lowly Orioles to provide some help and inspiration in the clubhouse...

cordovacollector
07-18-2009, 02:33 PM
We could find a place for him in the new Target Field outdoors next year with the Twins!!!!!:)

Mat2786@aol.com
07-18-2009, 02:47 PM
How do you know for sure that he never used roids?? I heard from a guy that had the same doctor as Thome that he did use. I'm not saying he did I just don't understand how people can say he didn't and I see all the time on here people saying Griffey never used and Frank Thomas never used. How do you know?? Because they never got caught?? neither has Mcgwire yet everyone considers him a roid guy. just because your not caught doesn't mean you didn't use at some point.after Palmeiro got caught I don't trust any of the players, he def. didn't look like he had the body of a steroid user. As for Griffey look at his I believe first 4 years he was 20 hr guy and then became a 40-50 hr guy. He had his biggest years when sosa and mcgwire had theirs. And he broke down more then any player in his prime, which also happens thanks to steroids. Once again, I dunno if Griffey used or Thome used or Frank Thomas used, but i don't know how anyone can def. say they didn't. I hope they didn't use, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Matt

suicide_squeeze
07-18-2009, 07:23 PM
How do you know for sure that he never used roids?? I heard from a guy that had the same doctor as Thome that he did use. I'm not saying he did I just don't understand how people can say he didn't and I see all the time on here people saying Griffey never used and Frank Thomas never used. How do you know?? Because they never got caught?? neither has Mcgwire yet everyone considers him a roid guy. just because your not caught doesn't mean you didn't use at some point.after Palmeiro got caught I don't trust any of the players, he def. didn't look like he had the body of a steroid user. As for Griffey look at his I believe first 4 years he was 20 hr guy and then became a 40-50 hr guy. He had his biggest years when sosa and mcgwire had theirs. And he broke down more then any player in his prime, which also happens thanks to steroids. Once again, I dunno if Griffey used or Thome used or Frank Thomas used, but i don't know how anyone can def. say they didn't. I hope they didn't use, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Matt

Matt,

I have to agree with you you, but this "maybe he did, maybe he didn't" argument is old http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/newspaper.gif

Just release the 103 remaining names and let's end this fiasco.

skyking26
07-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Matt,

I have to agree with you you, but this "maybe he did, maybe he didn't" argument is old http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/newspaper.gif

Just release the 103 remaining names and let's end this fiasco.
And there's your sign...