PDA

View Full Version : I know that I've been busy lately, but how did I miss this trade?

Vintagedeputy
07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Ryan Church for Jeff Francouer?

Where have I been? I'm not sure who the sucker really is in that trade!

metsbats
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Isn't it obvious the Mets are doing all they can to put a quality product on the field. Today they signed Angel Berroa. I'm getting on line for my playoff tickets.

metsbats
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
There some reliable reports coming out of NY that they are going to sign these three guys to replace Beltran, Reyes, and Delgado.

LastingsMilledge85
07-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Which Schneider would you rather have on your team is the question.

Vintagedeputy
07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Which Schneider would you rather have on your team is the question.

I've seen Brian Schneider do interviews, Rob is funnier (and he hits for a higher average too) :)

stretch
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Jeff will receive a contract during the offseason that Atlanta had no interest paying. Bobby Cox gave Jeff so many chances and yet he was unable to perform at the level the organization needed him to.

NYCrulesU
07-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Jeff will receive a contract during the offseason that Atlanta had no interest paying. Bobby Cox gave Jeff so many chances and yet he was unable to perform at the level the organization needed him to.

Sounds like the entire Nationals team.

LastingsMilledge85
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
It was a trade where two players were on teams that didn't want them. Frenchy had problems with management, and Church never fit in with the team.

Vintagedeputy
07-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Sounds like the entire Nationals team.

That's a helluva first post...wonder which alt id you are ?

suave1477
07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Isn't it obvious the Mets are doing all they can to put a quality product on the field. Today they signed Angel Berroa. I'm getting on line for my playoff tickets.

Ok what in gods green earth would make you want to sign Berroa????:eek:

Ok I watched him in Spring Training on the Yankees.......ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL, he looked worse then a little leaguer. Errors were his best friend. Dropped so many balls and missed so many balls and struck out so many times he has to have come close to setting a Spring Training record.

Then when we were short a man the called him up (supposed to be for a very short stinit) (mind you he was doing horrible in Triple AAA). Comes up and does absolutely horrible while he is up. Do the Yankees send him back down NOOOOOOO. they keep him up and he continues to do worse and worse. Finally they let him go!!!

And for another team to want him???????

Did I miss something between last month and now where he turned into Pujols?? Is he the leading MVP???
Please someone tell me????

metsbats
07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I think Omar thinks he's running a Senior League ball club for washed up Latin players. Look at the long list of players who he signed and added no or minimal value to the club (exlude Beltran and Delgado from this list):

Roberto Hernandez
Moises Alou
Fernando Tatis
Julio Franco
Jorge Julio
Jorge Sosa
Jose Valentin
Luis Castillo
Duaner Sanchez
Ricardo Rincon
Luis Ayala

and now Berroa.

They should just keep the "LOS" as part of the team name on the jersey all the time and not just once a year.

NYCrulesU
07-17-2009, 12:58 PM
I think Omar thinks he's running a Senior League ball club for washed up Latin players. Look at the long list of players who he signed and added no or minimal value to the club (exlude Beltran and Delgado from this list):

Roberto Hernandez
Moises Alou
Fernando Tatis
Julio Franco
Jorge Julio
Jorge Sosa
Jose Valentin
Luis Castillo
Duaner Sanchez
Ricardo Rincon
Luis Ayala

and now Berroa.

They should just keep the "LOS" as part of the team name on the jersey all the time and not just once a year.

It is pretty bad that all he seems to want to sign are latin players. Nothing against any player, of any ethnical background. He just seems majorly biased.

metsbats
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
It definitely something that the NY media had picked up on. The trend continues. Now if it helped put a winning team on the field no one probably would take notice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/29/sports/baseball/29chass.html

metsbats
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I've seen Brian Schneider do interviews, Rob is funnier (and he hits for a higher average too) :)

Rob it is.

TNTtoys
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Very ironic stuff...

Tonight, Francoeur homered for the first time as a Met while Church homered for the first time as a Brave...

metsbats
07-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Playing the Nationals. We may have a chance to win a few games over the next 3 games!

gingi79
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
My two thoughts:

1) I felt sick when Dale Murphy was traded to the Phillies, it was simply painful. Since Frenchy was my current favorite Bravo and my second all time favorite, I was really pissed. Matt Diaz better not get the boot too, it's getting harder and harder to get attached to a player because I hate seeing my fav guy in another shirt.

2) It's one thing to trade a player. It's a big ole F U to trade a hometown boy to a rival. Kid spent his whole life HATING the Mets. Now he plays for them. It's hideous to see my boy, a hero of mine, wearing a Mets jersey.

I'd continue writing this post but I need to throw up again. I really hope he signs with my other favorite team, the Blue Jays in the off season. If he isn't a Brave, at least be a Jay, French!